Personal Workshop Question

By Raine, in Android: Netrunner Rules Questions

Now I know this card's been around for a while now, so it's likely this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it, if it has.

So on that note...

Personal Workshop

[Click]: Host a program or piece of hardware from your grip on Personal Workshop and place power counters on it equal to its install cost.
1[Credits]: Remove 1 power counter from a hosted card.
When your turn begins, remove 1 power counter from a hosted card.
When there are no power counters left on a hosted card, install it, ignoring all costs.

When it says "ignoring all costs" does this include the MU cost for a program as well?

By logics sense, I guess it would just by the wording, but...I have a feeling it does not, as that would be WAY too helpful.

A little clearification would be awesome. Thank you.

I did read one point just now in a post from 2013, that MU is a restriction, and not a cost. However...even the rule book disagrees with that as the rule book states...

Each program also has a memory cost. The Runner cannot have programs installed that have a combined memory cost greater than his available MEMORY UNITS (MU).

It also states...

If the MU costs of the Runner's installed programs ever exceed his available MU, he must trash his installed programs until he is no longer exceeding his available MU.

Now the general rule is the card text overrides the rule books, right? So...as even the rule book calls MU's a "cost" a couple of times, then Personal Workshop's statement of "ignoring all costs" applies to MU's as well. Using the Text > Book rule, then the restrictions of MU and having to trash a program that overflows the MU does not apply when Personal Workshop has retooled the program, right?

This is addressed specifically in the FAQ.

This is addressed specifically in the FAQ.

Ah yes, I see it now. Thank you.

They really should reword that in a new printing though. Any cost, should mean any. They could have simply worded it "Ignoring all Credit Cost."

But...*shrugs*...who am I to complain? Heh!

Thanks again.

Well, it also ignores any potential additional costs on hypothetical future cards, like having to discard a card, or pay an extra click on install.