Where the hell...

By Mike, in Age of Conan

...did that thing come from? And seing as people are already speculating about differences to War of the Ring - how do you know it's going to be like it?

I had no idea this was coming out. I can't wait to get a hold of this as I am a rabid Conan fan. I hope it turns out to be a good game.

A Conan Board Game? Hell Yes! Sounds great!

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Reading the rules has me excited. This looks awesome...I wish that the game could be played by more than just 4 though..

I've been tracking the development of this one for nearly a year on BGG (it was originally announced as being a summer '08 release--Ha!). Now having it so close and being able to read the rules...Crom! Give me strength to wait until February!

David Spangler said:

Give me strength to wait until February!

Wenching kills time nicely gui%C3%B1o.gif !

(or so I've heard angel.gif )

After reading the rules, it looks like the only thing I'll miss is the chance to toss Jenna off the roof ! Gotta get this game !

TK

Dam said:

David Spangler said:

Give me strength to wait until February!

Wenching kills time nicely gui%C3%B1o.gif !

(or so I've heard angel.gif )

True, but my wife would kill me if I called her a wench.... gran_risa.gif

thehuntercat said:

Reading the rules has me excited. This looks awesome...I wish that the game could be played by more than just 4 though..

looking forward to the game, already have War of the Ring in my Collection which is a great game.

Loved the short stories.

Loved the 360 game.

Love the universe.

It's just... such a let-loose fantasy. Everything else takes itself so seriously, but Conan can't be caged, can't be tied down to mere mortality. The whole universe is heroic .

By Crom, I am excited about this game.

i almost played this game in essen last year... almost sad.gif couldn't find the time... i am very interested in this one!

is it the same designer? Or design team?

I read the rules...it doesn't appear too similar to WotR at all.

Which I am happy about. Each universe deserves their "own" game, so to speak.

I am eagerly anticipating this release...and my rules-reading did nothing to quell that!

Probably be a great game but I was disappointed it wasn't more of an adventure game set in the Hyborian Age .This appears to be am area control game with a little Quest stuff tacked on.

I'll pass but I can see where some gamers will really enjoy.

OD

It's good that FFG are trying out new games mechanics with this release - it looks like another big box game like Descent or Warcraft perhaps.

I will keep my eye on the site before I decide whether or not it's worth a purchase.

RedMike said:

It's good that FFG are trying out new games mechanics with this release - it looks like another big box game like Descent or Warcraft perhaps.

ugh, that's not good - astronomical shipping costs :)

I'm wary... after having tried the Conan CCG, my hopes are low.

Anyone who's tried both out? Does this actually play fairly easily? Or is it clunky because it tries to capture the feeling of "Conan"

I am looking forward to playing! I hope to have mine on Monday!! Going to have to watch the movies and the television series before it shows!!!