Another Prediction Game - Rebel/Sith Deluxe

By Gunner070, in Star Wars: The Card Game

So, since the 5th Deluxe Expansion will more than likely focus on the Rebels and Sith factions, I figure it'd be fun to throw out some guesses on what story/EU Characters themes those cards could have.

For Sith, I'm thinking since we already have "Dark Forces" and "Jedi Knight" themes in the game, why not add "Jedi Outcast" to the mix. That would give us Desann, Tavion and The Reborn. Maybe the one Navy Set will have Shadow Troopers (They just feel like they go with Navy over Sith, kind of like how Dark Trooper Legion are Sith). Also, since The Thrawn Trilogy is in the game, maybe we will get Joruus C'baoth and Luuke Skywalker.

Rebels is a little harder to guess since we already have many Characters from Katarn's games and the Thrawn series (Kyle, Jan, Karrde, Winter, Page, ect.). All I can really think of is have a Rebel version of Kyle and a Pilot version of Jan from their days in "Dark Forces". Maybe add some movie themes in there, too. Rebel versions of the Ewoks and the Endor ground team are some ideas.

Thoughts? Ideas?

(PS: I'm not ruling out new EU stuff. It's just it's been long enough between Disney's new EU plan announcement and now, and we still are getting old EU stuff. The guys at FFG are clearly fans of the old EU, which is perfectly fine with me.)

Edited by Gunner070

It would be cool to see more of the pilots from the Rogue Squadron books.

Maybe Corran Horn too for the Jedi?

I actually think that for the Rebel faction, they might concentrate on the settings from the Rebels cartoon series.

With the Ghost , Hera, Sabine, Zeb, Chopper and Ezra you've got many unique units. Kanan could be either Rebel faction (would be interesting to see more Rebel Force Users beyond the upcoming Rebel pilot Luke) or the one Jedi pod ... or they could use the Jedi Pod

for that one Character that appeared at the end of the first season

For Sith, there's already the Inquisitor ... a new version of Darth Vader maybe? Agent Kallus would make a decent Sith card as well.