Smuggler's rin

By dhowtocor, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Are there any DS enhancements Smuggler's run can control or use or because they are DS they can't be used?

Are there any DS enhancements Smuggler's run can control or use or because they are DS they can't be used?

You can theoretically take control of almost all DS enhancements. If they require you to pay a specific DS resource to trigger their abilties, you can't use those abilities, but you can still control the Enhancement and deny your opponent the use of that enhancement. And if it's a unique, your opponent can't even play any other copies they might have of it.

As for resource generators, they become as effective as "neutral" resources for you (because you don't have Sith, Navy or S&V cards that need to be resource matched)

Other than that, nearly all Enhancements with an effect on units/Objectives will talk about effects on "you" or "your opponent".

"You" is the player who controls the card. So for instance, the LS player controlling an Orbital Bombardment ("Each unit you control gains [blast Damage]." ) , will give a Blast to all LS units.

Now if the enhancement specifically targets LS cards, it will be less useful than it would be for your opponent... but you can still choose not to trigger the action/reaction and deny your opponent use of it. e.g. when you're playing the Jerjerrod's Task Challenge Deck (Balance of the Force) you can choose to take control of Tactical Command Center (" Reaction : After an objective enters play, each light side player must deal 1 damage to a unit he controls, if able.") and use it for the resource. Since the reaction is not a forced reaction, you can choose to not trigger the "do damage" reaction of the enhancement, which in turn wil help you and your partners' units survive longer than if DS was still controlling that enhancement.

On this very topic: what happens if I use Utinni! ( Action: Capture a target enemy enhancement) on one of my "stolen" enhancements? May I even do it? Do I capture it in one of my objectives or it goes to my hand or is discarded -given no DS cards may be captured-? Or, if it may be captured, what happens when the objective in which is "held" is destroyed? Goes back to my hand given is my card or goes to LS player because ir was his at the moment of the capture?

Thanks in advance.

Good question. I would say no.

As you mentioned, only LS cards may be captured (Rulebook pg 26: "Some card effects instruct the DS player to capture a card. Only LS cards can be captured ."). So the "stolen" enhancement being a DS card would make it an illegal taget, event though at that moment it would still be an Enemy enhancement.

Oddly enough, not all capture effects require that they target an enemy card (eg Snoova), but you're still limited to only capturing LS cards. So while you cannot Utinni a DS enhancement that the LS has taken control of, Snoova could capture a LS unit that the DS had taken control of (via Join Me).

Thank you guys. The situation happened to me the other day and we dindn't know how to proceed (I actually entered the forums to open a topic for the question but this one was ON so...) Good. :)