Limited fighter purchase options

By Kulikov, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

It bothers me that the only ways currently to add starfighters is to either buy a new core set (inefficient) or box sets of 8 stands, made up of two of each figher type. I would like more flexible options when it comes to purchasing these fighter stands, whether it be individual blisters that only contain the dials and ships, and then the cards can be purchased in a separate pack, or allowing any makeup of fighters as long as there are 8 stands worth. Even including one or two stands of fighters with the larger ship boxes would be an improvement.

Because as it is right now, to get 7 *additional* TIE fighter stands through purchasing I'd need to spend ~$80 USD.

Edited for correctness.

Edited by Kulikov

Gamers constant paradox. I want just ONE more of this for my perfect force... Just use the 6 you got and add another upgrade card and go on. OR you can buy a set of 8 fighters and then buy other actual fighters for the stands on shapeways.

Gamers constant paradox. I want just ONE more of this for my perfect force... Just use the 6 you got and add another upgrade card and go on. OR you can buy a set of 8 fighters and then buy other actual fighters for the stands on shapeways.

pfffft, hogwash.personally I just need 1 of every star wars armada expansion and also at least 6 more russian T34's, couple Panzer III's ( several versions),heavy weapons for at least 2 platoons ( both russian and german) and an assortement of support vehicles.

and some more assault guns and self propelled artillery.

and maybe a marder III M too.

platoon of motorcycle troops.

russian and german cavalry.

more early war tanks.

maybe branch out to hungarian and romanians early war french, dutch belgian and polish and brits.

british airbourne.

on second thought I think you might be on to something.

(more homoerotic half naked german artillerymen, can never have enough of those)

10347067_681474915281597_815229953378511

(you both make good points and I'd like to see a more usefull way to get the desired amount of fighters but I am not going to get my hopes up)

Edited by Geressen

It bothers me that the only ways currently to add starfighters is to either buy a new core set (inefficient) or box sets of 8 stands, made up of two of each figher type. I would like more flexible options when it comes to purchasing these fighter stands, whether it be individual blisters that only contain the dials and ships, and then the cards can be purchased in a separate pack, or allowing any makeup of fighters as long as there are 8 stands worth. Even including one or two stands of fighters with the larger ship boxes would be an improvement.

Because as it is right now, to get 7 TIE fighter stands through purchasing I'd need to spend ~$80 USD.

In order to play the game, you have to buy a core set anyway. If you read any of the expansion packs, they say that a copy of the core is required to play, so not sure what your complaint about 7 TIE Fighters is about. If you wanted 7 TIE Interceptors, yes, you would have to buy 4 Imperial packs.

Because as it is right now, to get 7 TIE fighter stands through purchasing I'd need to spend ~$80 USD.

Buying a core set for fighter is just silly. The only viable reason to buy another core set would be that you only have 1 core set currently. There is no value in buying 3 core sets unless you hate your money.

We have a good hint that Wave 1 will be dropping soon. With that said you can pick up the Squadron expansion pack which is 2 additional tie fighters, bombers, advanced, interceptors. This would set you back 20 bucks or less depending on where you purchase it from.

So even with 1 core set you can expand your fighters up to 8 for 20 bucks. vs 80/100 bucks for a core. That's just how I would go about it. The choice is always yours.

eBay. Sellers will be breaking them up and selling them individually, just don't be surprised by the markup.

Buy the core and part it out on ebay. Or better yet, buy the fighter pack and part that out. I cannot count the number of people trying to figure out how to field 8 intercrpters or 8 advanced without buying 4 fighter boxes on this forum.

Well that's how miniature games work. There are times when you want a specific model or piece but you have to buy a larger box to get it. Just comes with the territory. At least the fighter packs are rather cheap and you are not spending $50 just to get one model out of a box.

That's not my actual issue here. My problem is that the product line isn't providing access to pieces in an efficient way. Consider this: Each squadron set is going to come with a full compliment of cards to match. Any set after the first of a type will therefore include unnecessary card components; it's an impractical offering, and one that is wasteful. Alternatives abound the provide more fidelity, and can even be offered in addition to the current squadron boxes.

Buy the core and part it out on ebay. Or better yet, buy the fighter pack and part that out. I cannot count the number of people trying to figure out how to field 8 intercrpters or 8 advanced without buying 4 fighter boxes on this forum.

That is one viable solution, though it is inefficient. I'm not saying there aren't options, I'm saying the current options are sub par and I don't see a glaring reason for why the product line is set up in such a way.

Well that's how miniature games work. There are times when you want a specific model or piece but you have to buy a larger box to get it. Just comes with the territory. At least the fighter packs are rather cheap and you are not spending $50 just to get one model out of a box.

Warhammer, Battlefleet Gothic, and Warmachine allow you to configure the pieces within the box to match the loadout you require. That isn't an option here. If the squadron box allowed you to get any combination of 8 squadrons, I wouldn't have a problem.

pfffft, hogwash.personally I just need 1 of every star wars armada expansion and also at least 6 more russian T34's, couple Panzer III's ( several versions),heavy weapons for at least 2 platoons ( both russian and german) and an assortement of support vehicles.

and some more assault guns and self propelled artillery.

and maybe a marder III M too.

platoon of motorcycle troops.

russian and german cavalry.

more early war tanks.

maybe branch out to hungarian and romanians early war french, dutch belgian and polish and brits.

british airbourne.

on second thought I think you might be on to something.

(more homoerotic half naked german artillerymen, can never have enough of those)

10347067_681474915281597_815229953378511

(you both make good points and I'd like to see a more usefull way to get the desired amount of fighters but I am not going to get my hopes up)

What? No Pz 38(t)s?

So how do you have other options in a Core Set? You cannot make these fighters where you can put together the ones you want. These are not space marines.

I'm curious as to what those alternatives that you refer to actually are. The only valid complaint is that you get cards more than once and can't mix and match fighters as you want. Having smaller packs of just one type of fighter would also likely mean that you are paying a higher price per fighter.

Note. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, the internet often comes off that way. I see you point on repetitive cards. Just not how you can put options for other fighters in the core unless you increase the cost.

Edited by Mike1975

Relax. We're going to get all sorts of fighter packs over time. We'll probably get 10 dollar packs with 4 ties and 2 new unique tie pilots in the future. Buy a minimal amount as things come out and wait for future releases. We'll get them in time.

Patience.

Now Aces would be a nice pack to get. More detailed minis maybe, or even pre-painted ones with better cards and characters.....