101 zombie encounters

By jux, in Zombie Apocalypse

The books provide us with scenario frameworks. You all come up with your sandboxy adventures, but there will be times, where things come to halt.

For this reason, post some of the crazy encounters that players might face in a zombie apocalypse. I start:

• A speaking zombie! While clearly a zombie, some part of the brain is still functioning. He does not seem to make any sense, but these are real words he is grunting out - too bad there is no time to talk.

One of my favorite zombies I created is the possum, it lays there completely still until the players are within reach and then springs on them. Its made all my players really paranoid around any bodies.

I just raided an "abandoned" ambulance for its meds (pain killers and some benzos for the NPCs there were freaking the **** out, bandages, etc.) only to find the paramedics had basically just given up and decided to hide in the back of the ambulance. That made for an awkward situation that spawned a bunch of role-playing as we tried to decide what to do with the paramedics and if we could even ethically take the meds.

Zombies hurling themselves out of tall buildings to reach the human prey below.

Cultist paramilitary troopers: Think of a SWAT team with weapons, rune inscribed body armor, good luck charms, magic fetishes, etc... Who are they? A very heavily armed doomsday cult? A secret governement task force with some realy weird tactics,? Do all these "magical" trinkets work or is it just crazy superstition? Either way seeing these guys will make the players ask just what the hell is going on.

Undead poodles. From the pet shop. Crazy lady on top of her car shouting for fifi to stop trying to bite her. Enough said.

Nice, but make it a chihuahua. Zombie (Paris Hilton?) girl with undead chihuahua in her purse.

Great for ambushing unsuspecting players:

A pc is attacking zombie girl in melee, bashing in the zombie's head while making sure not to get bit... only for her zombified chihuahua to leap from the purse still haninging from her rotting arm and bite the player's character in the nose. The infection takes hold soon after. Scratch one PC. :D

Edited by Robin Graves