reinforcemnt

By mordak5, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

If Alric is reinforceing a dungeon the DOOM CARD is in playing allowing 1 extra black dice per OL monster, is that the only benefit?

mordak5 said:

If Alric is reinforceing a dungeon the DOOM CARD is in playing allowing 1 extra black dice per OL monster, is that the only benefit?

That and also that the OL deck is 1 card thinner gui%C3%B1o.gif

DOOM is a 20 threat card. Getting that card in play for free at the start of the dungeon is pretty good. Also remember that the power cards provided by lieutenants do not count against the power card limit.

edroz said:

DOOM is a 20 threat card. Getting that card in play for free at the start of the dungeon is pretty good. Also remember that the power cards provided by lieutenants do not count against the power card limit.

Thats a good point, just wondered, thats the way we played it just using the Doom Card, but just wanted to make sure wasn't making it too easy for the Heroes

edroz said:

This is interesting, do you know where in the RTL manual this is mentioned? I've only just started playing RTL so it's not come into play yet, but I know my rules lawyer will be wanting proof of this :-)

Page 17 bottom left.

Lieutenants Fortifying Dungeons
If there are any lieutenants on the Terrinoth map in the same
location as the current dungeon, or in a location removed from
the current dungeon location by only one trail, any or all of
those lieutenants may fortify the current dungeon. Although
this does not move any lieutenants or their minions physically
to the current dungeon, it provides a different – and powerful –
benefit to the overlord: Before play begins in the dungeon, the
overlord looks through his Overlord deck and places the cards
listed beneath the portraits on the fortifying lieutenants’ cards
into play for free. Furthermore, these cards do not count against