is this worth getting?

By AgentJ, in Death Angel

I just recently found out about this game and I'm wondering if it's worth getting still even though it's 2015 so I'm guessing the game a few years old.if it's worth it, what should I get besides the base game or should I only get the base game?

how many players does the game support well? I know what it says on the box but I'm wondering through experience what users think.

It depends. I like the game because it comes in a small box and travels well, so I usually take it on work trips with me. This is the only game in my collection that I prefer to play solitaire. I've done two-player and it didn't go over well. I bought the expansions, and they are ok additions to the game. I would not have purchased them if I had to do it all over again.

The expansions are print on demand, so they should be around long term if you just want to give the base game a good long look. You can always add them in later if the game catches your fancy.

As a solitaire game it's solid 7/10. As a co-op multi-player game, it's more like a 6/10. Hope that helps.

REMOVED

Edited by Lendosan

Its definately worth getting. Still one of my favourite games of all time. Fantastic atmosphere and very challenging. I find it better playing solo than with 2 or 3 players. I didnt get the expansions until quite recently, I would suggest playing the base game first. Then, if you enjoy it, you can consider the expansions for other space marine squads and locations. So go get it! Its not that expensive and if you like 40k its a no-brainer.

Well I think I am going to get it. I do not know what 40k is but I suppose the game is good without knowing.

I got this game a few weeks ago and have been enjoying it immensely. So far I've only played it solo. And, in line with some of the related comments above, I can see why it plays well as a solo game. The game really does require a unified strategy to achieve success. So if you're one of those players who like to micro-manage everything you should find this appealing.

It is Space Hulk, in your pocket.

What is not to like? :)