What to buy?

By Star Lord, in Star Wars: The Card Game

Between Conquest, LOTR, and SW, it looks like I'm just giving money to FFG all the time now. Anyway, I've read that many people recommended getting 2 Core and 2 Edge of Darkness, but just need 1 of all other Force packs and Deluxe editions. I want to make a deck out of every faction, which is 6, and I wonder if buying 2 Core & 2 EoD plus 1 of the remaining sets are enough to make those decks? Thanks.

I currently have 2 Core, 2 Edge of Darkness and the first three packs in the Hoth cycle. Have not bought anything in a long time and I've had 6 decks with a lot of variance with all the extra sets available.

When you say 1 of the remaining sets, I'm not sure if you mean the Deluxe Expansions that come in the big boxes or you mean one of the Force Pack cycles.

To clarify something just so that you know, the Balance of the Force Deluxe Expansion is for expanding the game into multiplayer. It has 2 challenge decks for each side of the Force that allow players of the opposite side to team up 2v1 or 3v1. Aside from that, It includes rules for 2v2 play using regular decks and 6 "Limit 1" Objective Sets.

Personally, I'd go for a copy of Between the Shadows before I grabbed any Force Packs.

My suggestion to you is start with 2 Core, 2 Edge of Darkness and 1 Between the Shadows.

Edited by GroggyGolem

I'd agree with that suggestion. It has the added bonus of being entirely cards that will never rotate out of the tournament pool (granted we're years away from Hoth and Echoes rotating out, but in theory it will happen some day).

I'm glad my suggestion didn't seem illogical. Though I haven't played in months or bought anything in forever, I still keep up to date with what cards are in each expansion.

Edited by GroggyGolem