Changing rank and adding dice in coordinated attacks?

By midwestborn86, in Battles of Westeros

Based on the complete corrected rules compilation over the years this game has been out, we know that supporting attackers in a coordinated attack can't have their dice modified by anything other than reduced strength and terrain. In other words no bonuses. 3 blue units in a coordinated attack is 7 dice + modifiers for the lead unit only.

My question is can supporting coordinated attackers have their rank changed?

I believe based on the rules you can use tactics or other abilities to change the rank of a supporting attacker at the beginning of a turn but not the dice. So for example by taking a hit with a Greatjon leadership card a blue could become a red or by using Kevan's cards that allow 2 different ranks to attack as 2 blue ranks a green and blue could become 2 blue units. This is a passive rank modifier that lasts the whole turn. It isn't the same as adding dice modifiers. So even though supporting coordinated attacks can't receive +1 dice modifiers (from Addam's cards for example) they can receive a different rank to gain more dice for the turn just not from specifically dice modifiers.

Strangely enough the Dogs of War attack is the opposite. Any rank modifier applied doesn't matter because you always roll for your rank when electing to use dogs of war and it negates whatever your troops actual rank is.

Dogs of War however has no restriction on dice modifiers. A blue dogs of war attack can roll 4 dice if it has a +1 dice modifier to it's normal 3 dice.

So in conclusion I've house ruled that supporting coordinated attackers (not the lead attacker just supporting) can have their rank modified but not their dice. And a Dogs of War attack can have their dice modified but not the rank. Is this correct?