Deck building question

By Ferretz, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

I'm rather new to Star Wars LCG, and I have a newbie question I hope some one here can answer:

When I build a deck, can I use different Affiliations together? Say I want Objectives from both Rebel Alliance and Jedi in the same deck. If so, what decides which Affiliation card I have?

Cheers,

Eirik

Yes, you can use different affiliations together, as long as you don't mix Light and Dark Side. You could cross-check this in the rules, pag. 28:

Example: An LS deck may contain only objective sets from the Jedi, Smugglers and Spies, and Rebel Alliance affiliations, as well as light side neutral objective sets (i.e. objective sets that belong to no affiliation but feature the light side card back).

Ah, thanks. So no restrictions, as long as they are either Light Side og Dark Side then?

E.

Yes but remember that any non-neutral card that is played myst be paid for with at least 1 resource generated from the same affiliation. Having a single resource generator for Jedi could make it very hard to play any Jedi affiliation cards.

Try to keep a good balance of the affiliations and their resource cards.

Ah, thanks. So no restrictions, as long as they are either Light Side og Dark Side then?

E.

Yes, with one further exception. You may only use one affiliation card, and some cards (like Mobilize the Squadrons ) are restricted to use with a single affiliation. So you could not have Mobilize the Squadrons and A Journey to Dagobah in the same deck, because Mobilize the Squadrons can only be played with the Rebel Alliance affiliation, and A Journey to Dagobah can only be played with the Jedi affiliation.

These are the most important key points/considerations you need to consider:

• Be observant of the Affiliation restrictions of certain objectives (as mentioned in #5)
  • Be VERY careful with the configuration: most people will never do more than a 3 to 7 "configuration" with the affiliation card matching the minor faction (for example a 3 Rebel with 7 Smuggler Obj and a Rebel Affiliation card)
  • Be observant/careful with you restrictions of affiliation costs when doing mixed decks: You need to pay at least 1 matching Affiliation cost for most cards (excepts neutral ones)

I prefer to play mono decks but I know I am "missing out" on certain powerful/useful combos this way, but I like not having to worry about the affiliation restriction costs and the thematic feel mono decks give me. But it is a matter of personal preferences and/or play style

(Edit: It might be the other way around with the 3-7 and affiliation card, I'm not sure. And that's why I din't do mixed decks I guess)

Edited by Forensicus