So we can now?

By PBnJ, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

So we can use Invulnerability potion in RtL... If so Cool aplauso.gif sorpresa.gif aplauso.gif

Found on pg 7 of ToI rule book.

oh really? how does it work now? i dont have ToI yet, but i'd love to add that to our campaign

Its not really definitive, but I'd suspect not.

ToI rules must cover all Descent Variants (basic Descent with expansions, ToI stand-alone, other expansions with ToI adds and full RtL with ToI adds).

I'd suggest that that particular sentence is for generic Descent games using ToI rather than RtL. In my opinion anything specifically covered in RtL trumps ambiguous rules in later expansions. Thus RtL rules specifically saying the Invulnerability potions are NOT available in the town would not be superceded by an (ambiguous) reference to them in an expansion that is not RtL specific.

But thats only an opinion...

Are you referring to this line (from ToI rules):

Note that invulnerability potions, from the The Altar of Despair, can also be purchased from the town shop for 50 coins.

Not to be argumentative, but that sentence doesn't change the RtL ruling of no invulnerability potions. That would be a pretty major change. I personally wouldn't mind seeing an official change to allow their use, although their effect would probably be modified. A change like that would probably require a ruling in the new FAQ that came out 2 weeks ago

Oh wait, that's right it never did. I forgot we are working on FFG time happy.gif

Corbon said:

Its not really definitive, but I'd suspect not.

ToI rules must cover all Descent Variants (basic Descent with expansions, ToI stand-alone, other expansions with ToI adds and full RtL with ToI adds).

I'd suggest that that particular sentence is for generic Descent games using ToI rather than RtL. In my opinion anything specifically covered in RtL trumps ambiguous rules in later expansions. Thus RtL rules specifically saying the Invulnerability potions are NOT available in the town would not be superceded by an (ambiguous) reference to them in an expansion that is not RtL specific.

But thats only an opinion...

Why post a statedment like that if it is already established that the Invul. potion are usable in basic Descent? preocupado.gif

The sentence was probably put in there to clarify that invulnerability potions can be purchased in basic descent. The altar of despair rules neglected to metion that the potions could be purchased in town and for what price. So this sentence clarify's basic descent, but does not change the RtL rules regarding non-use of the potions.

Puer said:

The sentence was probably put in there to clarify that invulnerability potions can be purchased in basic descent. The altar of despair rules neglected to metion that the potions could be purchased in town and for what price. So this sentence clarify's basic descent, but does not change the RtL rules regarding non-use of the potions.

Yes I would agree that the sentence was put in TOI to clarify an omission in the AOD rule book. Unless it is a found within an errata/FAQ concerning the RTL Campaign all rules that are found within the RTL Campaign Guide will supercede those rules found in other expansions unless stated otherwise in what I would assume would be a RTL specific campaign expansion.

Of course, if you want a RtL game where the Hero players beat every monster (instead of just most) then feel free to include them...if thats what you find fun then use whatever you want to use.

Of course, you could always chgange the potion to say, +2 Armour per campaign level. It may work.

CanadianPittbull said:

Puer said:

Yes I would agree that the sentence was put in TOI to clarify an omission in the AOD rule book. Unless it is a found within an errata/FAQ concerning the RTL Campaign all rules that are found within the RTL Campaign Guide will supercede those rules found in other expansions unless stated otherwise in what I would assume would be a RTL specific campaign expansion.

Iwas thinking the same thing but then why didn't they just put it in the FAQ page of ToI. preocupado.gif oh well. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what FFG does with this.

CanadianPittbull said:

Puer said:

Iwas thinking the same thing but then why didn't they just put it in the FAQ page of ToI. preocupado.gif oh well. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what FFG does with this.