Was/Is there a Born on a Black Ship

By shinjox, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew if theere was/is a "born on a black ship" home world written up in any of the DH books. I know you could use Voidborn, but I was wondering if anyone recalled a specialized one.

No, nothing official.

If I wanted to create such a character , I would use something like Darkholder origin + Warp Touched or Wyrd background package (both from Radical Handbook).

Edited by Jargal

Well, I have been delving though all the books, it just doesnt seem to exist. I dunno about using Darkholder, as that is more like "i was born on a black market/criminal organization/off the books deep in the dark of the Void" origin. But I guess any origin could work, or even Mind Wiped, since I read somewhere that if they are turned into a sanctioned Psycher of any kind, their experiences on the Black Ships are wiped (well it said only thier bad memories, but, I dobt they have any GOOD ones).

Maybe Voidborn, but with something about dealing with distractiosn? Due to the fact that they have to deal with the contant mental numbing anti-psyker white noise and the actual cacphony of noise that is projected into the holds.