2015 Regionals Results

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

Live from Monroeville, 86 players registered.

Did you change your list, MJ?

Hopefully someone can give use some running accounts of top table lists from both events today.

Plano about to start with 114 players! Largest regional yet, they say.

Wow. That's huge.

No streaming from Plano or Monroeville?

Are any of them streaming/broadcasting

Yeah, I'm wondering this as well. That's a huge number of players in Plano. DFW Metroplex is huge, but I bet they're also grabbing players from Austin, San Antonio, and Houston. It's going to be an awesome tournament.

Yeah, I'm wondering this as well. That's a huge number of players in Plano. DFW Metroplex is huge, but I bet they're also grabbing players from Austin, San Antonio, and Houston. It's going to be an awesome tournament.

Headed to Saskatoon for my first regional today. Perty stoked!

Jacob

I did the first regional thing this year also, and had a blast. How did you do? What did you fly? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Well, that's it. FFG must now limit premiere tournaments to stores that provide online streaming for the masses, preferably with commentators.

Between Plano and Monroeville, there are 200 people playing high-level X-wing, and we get to see nothing. :(

So sad.

I did ask and they have no streaming here in Plano. My group drove down from NW arkansas. Quite the crowd!

Well, that's it. FFG must now limit premiere tournaments to stores that provide online streaming for the masses, preferably with commentators.

Between Plano and Monroeville, there are 200 people playing high-level X-wing, and we get to see nothing. :(

So sad.

Don't forget the whopping 19 in Saskatoon!

Finals is about to go down

Plano announcing the cut!

Major juggler is on the final table at the PA regional.

whats he running?

Edited by The_Brown_Bomber

whats he running?

Probably that Brobots VI/FCS/HLC combo.

whats he running?

Probably that Brobots VI/FCS/HLC combo.

Who is he facing at the final table?

Plano cut to top 8:

Swiss standings:

1. Dash/Corran

2. Dual IG

3. 5 Z's w/ feedback and Torkil

4. Chewie/Eaden Vrill

5. Chirpy/Carnor Jax

6. Chewie/Leebo

7. Corran/Jake farrel/Blue B

8. 4 warthog Y wings

Edited by TasteTheRainbow

Plano cut to top 8:

Swiss standings:

1. Dash/Corran

2. Dual IG

4. Chewie/Eaden Vrill

5. Chirpy/Carnor Jax

6. Chewie/Leebo (Logan)

8. 4 warthog Y wings

Woo Hoo...go Torkil! He is the linch pin to my scum list that has been giving many of the 2 ship meta builds fits here locally. Nice to finally see a build with him make the cut.

Hello,

Mrs. Juggler here! :-) From previous posts I gather there is no live stream from the PA regional. Sadness! Anybody have any updates on what list is being flown against MJ's Brobots, where they're at and how it is going on the final table? Thanks!

Yeah, it's being flown by Sable Gryphon, who won the Austin Regional.

You seem to be implying that a good pilot can fly a novel build all the way to the top tables repeatedly. I think you might have the wrong forums.

You seem to be implying that a good pilot can fly a novel build all the way to the top tables repeatedly. I think you might have the wrong forums.
Edited by TasteTheRainbow

Plano cut to top 8:

Swiss standings:

1. Dash/Corran

2. Dual IG

4. Chewie/Eaden Vrill

5. Chirpy/Carnor Jax

6. Chewie/Leebo

8. 4 warthog Y wings

Reported Top 4:

Dash/Corran vs Chewie/Eaden

Jake/Corran/Blue vs Z's and Torkil

Just took home the win in Monroeville!

A ton of thanks for Osoroshi for flying me out with his frequent flyer miles, and Chad Ed and the gang for hosting me, and bringing me something to eat in Elimination matches... that helped ha ha. (Edit: thanks again Linda!)

I was flying Symmetric IG88BC @98 points, with VI, HLC, FCS, thrusters, title, and dampeners.

Went 5-1 in Swiss with 1046 MoV (highest of the day, edging out the 2 undefeated players including Ron who was playing his 4BZ beast mode). FFG software was used but I have a large stack of papers with most the details. So it might get uploaded....

Really, I just wanted the big cookie from Good Games! ;-)

Edited by MajorJuggler