2015 Regionals Results

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

Got the final match from the Tampa-St. Pete Regional, check it out.

Interesting. So it wasn't the turrets that decided it in the end. Han got burned down like he does.

Edited by TasteTheRainbow

Tie swarm at beanie games was flown by Keith, UK national champion last year. he's pretty **** good with a swarm.

Edited by nurglez

Got the final match from the Tampa-St. Pete Regional, check it out.

Interesting. So it wasn't the turrets that decided it in the end. Han got burned down like he does.

That k-turn at the end for Corran was such a surprise. I wanted to shout, "what are you thinking!"

Anyone know of any regionals streaming today?

btw.: the Regional Maneuver Templates from the Itzehoe, Germany Regional have a misprint: they Show 2014 instead of 2015. At least the trophy was correct.

Anyone know of any regionals streaming today?

There's a regional at FFG today, right? Looks like they're streaming now: http://www.twitch.tv/ffglive

Top eight at Aldershot regional included three Dash builds (Corran, two blues and two A-wings, respectively), two Brobots, a Chewie/Leebo, a Han/Jake build and a seven TIE swarm (without Howlrunner!). I was playing the Corran build and got knocked out of the top eight, so not sure who won yet. Solid turnout (mid/high 50s?).

Top tables on FFG stream have had brobots, chewbo, bbbbz and a Whisper/Echo/night beast.

At the FFG Regionals, Joe Kaufmann is first after Swiss 6-0.

98 points.

IG88B&C: VI + HLC + FCS + Autothrusters + Title + Inertial Dampeners

He faced 2 Chewie/leebo's in Swiss. Very tough/impossible matchup for them, at least with Joe flying it.

He said that all 5 of his matches were vs YT-2400.

Played in my first local tournament. I

I was 1 of 2 Dual Turret ships out of 16 people.

Boots on the ground at Minnesota tell me that there's an echo/whisper/night beast build in the top 4

Played in the Austin Texas Regionals, came in 15th out of 64. Got some shield tokens. Went 3-2 with IG-88B/C, vi, mangler, advanced sensors, autoinclude, interial damps, title, proxy mines. Lots of fun! Thanks to the TO for being a bro and doing all the maths.

Played in the Austin Texas Regionals, came in 15th out of 64. Got some shield tokens. Went 3-2 with IG-88B/C, vi, mangler, advanced sensors, autoinclude, interial damps, title, proxy mines. Lots of fun! Thanks to the TO for being a bro and doing all the maths.

Anyone there have top 8 lists?

Boots on the ground at Minnesota tell me that there's an echo/whisper/night beast build in the top 4

He's playing against VI fcs HLC brobots right now. They have to figure out which of them gets to stomp all over the Chewbo list that wins the mirror.

The TO will have it up at some point. I was looking at the top table (the 2 that went 5-0). One was the 3z fatty mchanbutt and the other had i think corran super dash?

Anyone there have top 8 lists?

Also they had just cut to top 8 before I left. Those games were going on when I left. So they have about 2 or so hours left at least I believe.

Roseville, Minnesota, United States

May 23, 2015
Fantasy Flight Games Center

Attendance: 80

• Winner (1st seed): IG88B&C + VI + HLC + FCS + Autothrusters + IG-2000 + Inertial Dampeners
  • 2nd place (6th or 7th seed):Chewbacca + Predator + Jan Ors + C3P0. "Leebo" + Predator + Recon Specialst + Outrider + Mangler Cannon
  • Top 4 (6th or 7th seed): Chewbacca + Luke + 3PO + Predator + Falcon Title; Leebo + Heavy Laser Cannon + Dash Rendar + Determination
  • Top 4 (4th seed): Whisper + VI, ACD + FCS + Rec Spec; Echo + VI + ACD+ FCS + Rec Spec; Night Beast
  • Top 8 (5th seed): Xizor + VI + Virago + Advanced Sensors + Inertial Dampeners; 3x Thug Autoblaster Turret + Unhinged Astro
  • Top 8 (2nd seed): Corran; Leebo
  • Top 8 (3rd seed): RAC; Fel
  • Top 8 (8th seed): Luke + Lone Wolf + R5-P9; Corran + PtL + R2-D2 + FCS + EU; Airen Cracken

Joe went undefeated the entire day. 1st round bye, 5-0 in Swiss vs five YT-2400's, and won his 3 games in Top 8. The final game was a rematch of the top table in round #6 of Swiss.

Edit: thanks MegaSilver.

Edited by MajorJuggler

Here is the second ChewLeebo list:

• FFGLive : Kent: Chewbacca with Luke, 3PO, Predator and Falcon Title. Leebo with Heavy Laser Cannon, Dash Rendar and Determination

This has been a good weekend for IG88 so far. From the NOVA Facebook page:

Austin, Texas, United States

May 23, 2015
Dragon's Lair Comics and Fantasy

Attendance:

List Juggler:

• Winner: Boba + VI tactician + EU + proton bombs; IGB88B + HLC + VI + Autothrusters + advanced sensors
  • 2nd place: Han + Predator + R2-D2 + C-3P0 + MF + EU; 3x Tala
  • Top 4: Dash + HLC + outrider + Lone Wolf + Recon Spec; Corran + ptl + R2-D2 + fcs + stealth
  • Top 4: 2x Blue + FCS + flechette; 2x Blue + FCS
  • Top 8: Corran + VI + FCS + R2-D2 + EU; Dash + HLC + Outrider + recon + Lone Wolf
  • Top 8: Leebo + outrider + Mangler + recon spec; Chewie, Predator + Gunner + C-3P0 + MF title
  • Top 8: Wes + VI + R3-A2; 2x Blue; 2x Bandit
  • Top 8: RAC + VI + Captive + Ysanne, Gunner, EU + Dauntless; Fel + ptl + autothrusters + stealth
Edited by MajorJuggler

I was the TO for the Austin Regional. I will post the results tomorrow. I came home to a sick toddler and that is my priority right now.

This has been a good weekend for IG88 so far. From the NOVA Facebook page:

Austin, Texas, United States

May 23, 2015

Dragon's Lair Comics and Fantasy

Attendance:

List Juggler:

• Winner: Boba + VI tactician + EU + proton bombs; IGB88B + HLC + VI + Autothrusters + advanced sensors
  • 2nd place: Han + Predator + R2-D2 + C-3P0 + MF + EU; 3x Tala
  • Top 4: Dash + HLC + outrider + Lone Wolf + Recon Spec; Corran + ptl + R2-D2 + fcs + stealth
  • Top 4: 2x Blue + FCS + flechette; 2x Blue + FCS
  • Top 8: Corran + VI + FCS + R2-D2 + EU; Dash + HLC + Outrider + recon + Lone Wolf
  • Top 8: Leebo + outrider + Mangler + recon spec; Chewie, Predator + Gunner + C-3P0 + MF title
  • Top 8: Wes + VI + R3-A2; 2x Blue; 2x Bandit
  • Top 8: RAC + VI + Captive + Ysanne, Gunner, EU + Dauntless; Fel + ptl + autothrusters + stealth

Again, I am the TO, I would appreciate it if you waited until I posted the results so that I can confirm this.

I was the winner of Austin. Who says Proton Bomb isn't competitive?