2015 Regionals Results

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

I'm the TO for Austin regionals next week and I was informed that I had to track and report the tournament with FFG's software per FFG rules. Has anyone else been doing that yet?

I'm the TO for Austin regionals next week and I was informed that I had to track and report the tournament with FFG's software per FFG rules. Has anyone else been doing that yet?

I believe team covenant used their software.

From the hiccups I remember:

Check win/loss after entry. There was some kind of bug in 2 rounds.

Ask people to notify you immediately if they've already played their opponent.

A couple of your guys were at Tulsa Regional. They might know more.

How does one get access to the FFG software? Is it only being passed out to TO's of Regionals right now?

How does one get access to the FFG software? Is it only being passed out to TO's of Regionals right now?

I would like to know this too.

It is still in closed beta. From what I gather, if you want access to the software and you are not a store running a Regionals tournament, you have to be one of the playtesters with a signed NDA on file with them. I don't know how the stores get access to the software.

I don't understand why FFG would push for untested beta software to be used for Regionals.

There was some trouble with it in Tulsa; we lost a good chunk of time between rounds 3 and 4 while they re-did all the pairings by hand.

It is still in closed beta. From what I gather, if you want access to the software and you are not a store running a Regionals tournament, you have to be one of the playtesters with a signed NDA on file with them. I don't know how the stores get access to the software.

I don't understand why FFG would push for untested beta software to be used for Regionals.

I have access to it right now (special credential, don't know if it's covered by my NDA), but FFG is telling the store they will not be considered for future events if you do not use it.

NJ regionals are happening now. Anyone know if there is streaming happening?

http://mrk.tv/1Hn5Fbo

It's a pretty useless angle though.

http://mrk.tv/1Hn5Fbo

It's a pretty useless angle though.

Anyone else getting an error when they try to watch this?

Where is this elusive and much talk about FFG software available??

I have access to it right now (special credential, don't know if it's covered by my NDA), but FFG is telling the store they will not be considered for future events if you do not use it.

So it's a closed beta only accessible to some but it's untested and being used for a premier level tournament. :/

Also, they're saying unless you use this software you will not be considered to host future events? Well I can understand them wanting to push their official one but it sounds like it needed more work before they said use this or else.

Tough competition in NJ regionals. Rumor has it that Paul Heaver started 0-2 with a 4 ship Biggs/Stresshog/B FCS/A.

Ouch. They should be finishing up round 5 about now, right?

Tough competition in NJ regionals. Rumor has it that Paul Heaver started 0-2 with a 4 ship Biggs/Stresshog/B FCS/A.

confirmed by boots on the ground

punctuated by "go fat or go home" to troll me <_<

Itzehoe, Germany

May 9-10, 2015

Holstein Center

Attendance: 55

List Juggler: sadly, no so far. Results and Top 16 at http://www.moseisleyraumhafen.com/t6003-09-05-15-regional-nord-2015-itzehoe

• Winner: Corran Horn + Veteran Instincts + Fire-Control System + R2-D2 + Engine Upgrade; 2x Blue Squadron Pilot + Fire-Control System + Ion Cannon
  • 2nd place: IG-88B + Veteran Instincts + Advanced Sensors + Heavy Laser Cannon + Autothrusters + IG-2000; IG-88C + Veteran Instincts + Advanced Sensors + Heavy Laser Cannon + Autothrusters + IG-2000;
  • Top 4: Whisper + Rebel Captive + Veteran Instincts + Advanced Cloaking Device; 5x Academy Pilot
  • Top 4: 4x Academy Pilot; 4x Obsidian Squadron Pilot
  • Top 8: Dash Rendar + Push the Limit + Heavy Laser Cannon + Engine Upgrade + Kyle Katarn + Outrider; Corran Horn + Veteran Instincts + Fire-Control System + R2-D2
  • Top 8: Whisper + Intelligence Agent + Fire Control System + Veteran Instincts + Advanced Cloaking Device; 5x Academy Pilot
  • Top 8: IG-88B +Predator + Advanced Sensors +Mangler Cannon + Autothrusters + Feedback Array + IG-2000; IG-88C +Predator + Advanced Sensors +Mangler Cannon + Autothrusters + Feedback Array + IG-2000
  • Top 8: Airen Cracken + Swarm Tactics; Gold Squadron Pilot + Ion Cannon Turret + R3-A2 + BTL-A4; 2x Blue Squadron Pilot + Fire-Control System + Tactician + B-Wing/E2

Really diverse set of lists here. On the top list, Corran horn is obviously a standard, but what really jumps out is the use of Ion cannon blues for support...I don't know that that particular combination has ever been seen in the top ranks of a tournament before.

The TO for the NJ Regional has said the lists will be up on ListJuggler on Monday. I just got back from there (finished around 20th out of 60).

They were in the Top 4 when I left. One table had 4B1Z vs Fel/Whisper/shuttle. Another has a Fat Han versus 4 Blues w/ FCS (and two had flechettes). I believe the Fel/Whisper/Shuttle build faced Paul Heaver first round and won.

Top 2 just announced:

Fat Han vs Whisper/Fel/Shuttle

Edited by mightyspacepope

Fat Falcon continues to dominate since wave 4. At least it's not as dominating as it use to be.

Can't wait for the advanced fix to come and knock down the turret meta for a bit.

more like can't wait for FFG to hit it with an errata that's long overdue :D

So in Top 4 the Fatter lists won. Wonder who took the Finals.

Edit: from a nova squadron post, I think it was the Fat Han.

Edited by MajorJuggler

We should have a poll, just for fun.

Should something rules/errata wise be done about "Fat turrets"?

1. YES

2. NO

3. WAIT AND SEE

4. YOU'RE #%$^ing STUPID

---

I pick yes.

I don't think turrets should get an errata fix; changing the tournament system so that it doesn't tip the playing field in the direction of Fat Turrets would be better.

I liked the half points for knocking off half the HP idea.

I want to know what that Fell Whisper Shuttle build had for upgrades on the shuttle.

We should have a poll, just for fun.

Should something rules/errata wise be done about "Fat turrets"?

1. YES

2. NO

3. WAIT AND SEE

4. YOU'RE #%$^ing STUPID

---

I pick yes.