2015 Regionals Results

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

Philippine Regionals (26 in attendance)

Winner (5-0 Swiss) : Soontir Fel : PTL, Autothrusters, Stealth Device, Royal Guard Titile ; Rear Admiral Chiraneau : Veteran Instincts, Rebel Captive, Yssane Isard, Gunner, Engine Upgrade

Runner-Up (4-1 Swiss): Han Solo : Veteran Instincts, Millenium Falcon Title, Engine Upgrade, C3PO, Luke Skywalker ; 2 Tala Squadron Pilot ; 1 Bandit Squadron Pilot

3rd (4-1 Swiss): IG-88B : Veteran Instincts, Heavy Laser Cannon, Inertial Dampeners, Advance Sensors, Autothrusters ; IG-88D : Veteran Instincts, Heavy Laser Cannon, Inertial Dampeners,

Advance Sensors, Autothrusters

4th (4-1 Swiss): Han Solo : Predator, Millenium Falcon Title, Engine Upgrade, C3PO, Luke Skywalker ; 3 Bandit Squadron Pilot

Oh look, all the top spots taken up by fat turret lists or IG's. What a surprise. The meta is diversifying guys!

So diverse! There's two different turrets there!

Not to worry, we'll have another one :)

There were a couple of X-Wing lists so those should count for something.

Wedge Antilles 29 Swarm tactics 2 Biggs Darklighter 25 Rookie pilot 21 Gold Squadron pilot 18 Ion cannon turret 5

Wedge Antilles 29 Biggs Darklighter 25 R2D2 4 Rookie pilot 21 Rookie pilot 21

Were the x-wings in top 8?

OT : they need to fix turrets not MOV imo.

edit: my little explanation as to why i oppose to fixing mov, lucky die rolls and hlc's will be the name of the game.

edit: i mean don't get me wrong it is a "dice game" but i rather end the game with my strat than get lucky rolls and run.

Edited by Kaziel

Winner (5-0 Swiss) : Soontir Fel : PTL, Autothrusters, Stealth Device, Royal Guard Titile ; Rear Admiral Chiraneau : Veteran Instincts, Rebel Captive, Yssane Isard, Gunner, Engine Upgrade

Runner-Up (4-1 Swiss): Han Solo : Veteran Instincts, Millenium Falcon Title, Engine Upgrade, C3PO, Luke Skywalker ; 2 Tala Squadron Pilot ; 1 Bandit Squadron Pilot

3rd (4-1 Swiss): IG-88B : Veteran Instincts, Heavy Laser Cannon, Inertial Dampeners, Advance Sensors, Autothrusters ; IG-88D : Veteran Instincts, Heavy Laser Cannon, Inertial Dampeners,

4th (4-1 Swiss): Han Solo : Predator, Millenium Falcon Title, Engine Upgrade, C3PO, Luke Skywalker ; 3 Bandit Squadron Pilot

Oh look, all the top spots taken up by fat turret lists or IG's. What a surprise. The meta is diversifying guys!

Wedge Antilles 29 Swarm tactics 2 Biggs Darklighter 25 Rookie pilot 21 Gold Squadron pilot 18 Ion cannon turret 5

edit: my little explanation as to why i oppose to fixing mov, lucky die rolls and hlc's will be the name of the game.

edit: i mean don't get me wrong it is a "dice game" but i rather end the game with my strat than get lucky rolls and run.

The thing is, "lucky rolls and run" is far more likely to occur in the current scoring system than in partial MoV.

Statistically speaking, bringing a "Fat List" into the Top 8 gives you a greater advantage than merely bringing a turret. I have been compiling the data and will see about posting it soon.

Edited by MajorJuggler

Looking forward to seeing a weighted top 8 performance for each pilot/ship. I think it'll surprise some people.

Looking forward to seeing a weighted top 8 performance for each pilot/ship. I think it'll surprise some people.

I'm just breaking it down by squad at the moment. Breakdown by ship / pilot will have to wait until we get all the results into List Juggler after the Regional season is over, and I write some scripts to parse the SQL database.

There were X-wings in a couple of top 8's.

I meant at this specific tourney. I only saw the top 4 listed.

The thing is, "lucky rolls and run" is far more likely to occur in the current scoring system than in partial MoV.

Statistically speaking, bringing a "Fat List" into the Top 8 gives you a greater advantage than merely bringing a turret. I have been compiling the data and will see about posting it soon.

Try "lucky rolling" through 16 - 12 points of hp. Fat Lists are mostly turrets or accompanied by one.

Looking forward for your data :D

Holy crap, ain't nobody got time for that. Okay I'll rest my case. Thanks stranger! :lol:

It's a good read! If nothing else, it helps you wade through the firestorm when someone claims that MathWing is ruining the meta. >.>

Looking forward for your data :D

You're new here; let me save you some time: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/128417-mathwing-comprehensive-ship-jousting-values-and-more/

Holy crap, ain't nobody got time for that. Okay I'll rest my case. Thanks stranger! :lol:

Ha ha ha, well, the MathWing is separate from the tournament results. The tournament results are very interesting in their own right. The most interesting stat is Fat Lists have way better likelihood of progressing through Top 8 than Non Fat Lists.

Here's the link to the data for the Neutral Grounds 2015 X-Wing Regionals. It was quite a turret/large ship heavy field, given that lists were submitted via email rather than on the day submission.

http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/get_tourney_details?tourney_id=512

Cheers and Happy Bwawell-Wowls :)

Wisconsin Regionals had 97 people show up! I don't know who made the cut, but Doug Kinney went 4-2 using Fel's Wrath , losing only to the 9th and 7th place players.

If anyone has any results for any of this weekend's Regionals as they come in, feel free to post!

Wisconsin Regionals had 97 people show up! I don't know who made the cut, but Doug Kinney went 4-2 using Fel's Wrath , losing only to the 9th and 7th place players.

If anyone has any results for any of this weekend's Regionals as they come in, feel free to post!

According to Facebook a Corran Jake Biggs list went 6-0. Flown by Nathan Eide. Yikes. Imagine when he grows up!

Edited by TasteTheRainbow

Oooh, A-wing.

Wisconsin is still streaming. http://www.twitch.tv/boardgamebarrister

Hsu's top 8 game is live on stream now.

They posted this in the stream chat. Looks like 84 in attendance after DQs. http://knizia.boardgamebarrister.com/images/SWX-Regionals-Standings-20150627.html

Edit: 2 of the top 4 are camera shy. That might have been the last broadcast game. They're showing a game of X-wing vs Attack Wing while the top 4 play and then hopefully we get the see the final match :(

2nd Edit: X-wing beat Attack Wing. Final match will be streamed.

Edited by ViscerothSWG

Week 10: June 27-28

Adelaide, Australia

June 27, 2015

Infinity Games

List Juggler: http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/get_tourney_details?tourney_id=514
32 Players
5 Rounds of Swiss and Top 4 Cut

• Winner:
    4 x Thug, Ion, R4 Agro, BTL
  • 2nd place:
    Wedge, VI
    Etahn, FCS
    3 x Bandit
  • Top 4:
    Whisper, VI, FCS, ACD
    Kenkirk, Pred, Gunner, Isard, Reb Cap
  • Top 4:
    Ten Numb, Swarm Tactics, Mangler
    2 x Blue, FCS, HLC
  • 5th:
    Han, Pred, Luke, C3P0, Engine, Title
    3 x Bandits
  • 6th:
    Xizor, VI, FCS, Auto, Title
    3 x Black Sun
    2 x Pirates
  • 7th:
    Soontir, PTL, Title, Auto, Hull
    Admiral, Expose, Isard, Reb Cap, Moff, EI, Prox Mines
  • 8th:
    IG-88B, PTL, Sensor Jammer, Magler, Auto, Dampeners, Title
    IG-88C, Lone Wolf, Sensor Jammer, Magler, Dampeners, Title

Jake Biggs and Corran just won Wisconsin.

Will be very curious what upgrades are on that squad.

Another weekend, more X-Wings at final tables. I know Wedge and Biggs are the good ones, but it's going to be a magic trick to boost the rest without making those two into gods.

Will be very curious what upgrades are on that squad.

Another weekend, more X-Wings at final tables. I know Wedge and Biggs are the good ones, but it's going to be a magic trick to boost the rest without making those two into gods.

I believe it it was corran with push, r2d2 fire control systems and hull upgrade, Biggs naked, and Jake with ptl, vi, refit and autothrusters. I could be wrong on Jake but I'm about 100% on the other two.

It should be uploaded to list juggler, I know cryodex was used. The whole tourney was awesome, over 100 people and done by midnight.

Wisconsin is still streaming. http://www.twitch.tv/boardgamebarrister

Hsu's top 8 game is live on stream now.

They posted this in the stream chat. Looks like 84 in attendance after DQs. http://knizia.boardgamebarrister.com/images/SWX-Regionals-Standings-20150627.html

Edit: 2 of the top 4 are camera shy. That might have been the last broadcast game. They're showing a game of X-wing vs Attack Wing while the top 4 play and then hopefully we get the see the final match :(

2nd Edit: X-wing beat Attack Wing. Final match will be streamed.

97 was our starting number after DQs for no shows.

I believe we only had 7 more drops during the day. Most players stuck it out.