Sounds Interesting

By Old Dwarf, in Mission: Red Planet

Never heard of this Game even though it was an Asmodee published back in 2005. FFG has

obviously updated & reworked especially the graphics .

Steam Punk is a popular Game World setting so I'm anxious to see more information, the

original Game was a Euro which I usually find that theme is pasted on in these types of Games.

Red Planet however seems however to be Theme heavy even it's 2005 version so I have hopes

for the FFG version.

This is not a "must have-instant buy" for me but I'll be watching as FFG puts out more information.

This is certainly one that I regret not picking up the first time around, so I'll be watching it with great anticipation here.

The new artwork looks good. The replacement of woodens discs with actual figures may be an issue for some, but I'm personally happy either way.

I missed this game completely the first time around as I did not really get into board games till 2010. I grew up with all the standards, monopoly, sorry, risk, ext. my only none standard game was Axis and Allies and man my friends and I played the living out of that game. I am excited to see this getting an update and a second go. Will be adding it to my collection, which by the way seems to lean heavily on FFG games. You should watch the dice towers review of the original

I would be inclined to include Axis & Allies as a "standard game," too. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :P

Dice tower also recently did a live play throughout well. The FFG component treatment will be very welcome for this game. It looks, and sounds, like a ton of fun. I'm excited that this is getting reprinted since I didn't manage to snag a copy the first time around.

I'm very skeptical about this one because it misrepresents Mars. THERE IS NO WATER ON THE GAME BOARD!

No, but really. Seems like it could be fun C=

I'm very skeptical about this one because it misrepresents Mars. THERE IS NO WATER ON THE GAME BOARD!

No, but really. Seems like it could be fun C=

It may not be printed on the game board, but there is water on Mars in the game.

It's a game about sending astronaut-miners to Mars to collect resources, and the primary (cheapest) resource to collect is ice. :)