Absurd strength

By Bloodrunstrue, in UFS General Discussion

As it was breifly mentioned in the Hilde thread and since i've been playing legacy recently.

I was wondering what you all think of absurd strength in the legacy format? Personally I feel that it's an auto include of 4 in any of it's symbols, even if you're not using the E it's still a near auto win against mass momentum gen decks :/

I've considered putting it on my legacy ban list but I dunno

Thoughts?

Dan

I think it is good in almost all builds of the symbols it has you could build your deck without it but it's almost not even worth it to bother with attacks that are not absurdable

I think it'd be funny to errata it to Male only E: so ibuki couldn't play it :P

I wonder why I'm the only person that don't see Ibuki as a huge threat in legacy..and I played against so many Ibukis.

That being said...I will always play absurd strength if I am playing one of its three symbols, and I usually am... :)

Don't ban it.. (in legacy), I feel like legacy should be left alone. It should be crazy in its degenerateness.

There is no ban list in legacy, other than the one ban list. That being said, nothing extra will be banned in Legacy, I believe.

KawaiiMistress said:

I wonder why I'm the only person that don't see Ibuki as a huge threat...

Nice southern accent, lol.

Also, I call foul on your comment about Absurd's resources...it doesn't have Death on it. happy.gif

G2K8, the word was that there is going to be a legacy banned list and slated to be on it thus far are Chain Throw and Kunai. With LotM being actually banned though, I don't think Kunai should be, but I TOTALLY agree with getting rid of Chain Throw. It was such an obnoxious card and the catalyst for uninspired deck designs everywhere in it's day.

I was thinking that maybe there could be one banned list that goes super hardcore banning to make legacy playable like normal and then some events could be unrestriced legacy where most cards would be legal with the exception of maybe a few

absurd is fine in legacy, there are so many answers to it once the game hits turn 2 or later. it all depends on your view point. i think it's fine.

there is alot of damage reduction and actions that hate on it in legacy. tons of stuff, just gotta look for the tech on whatever symbol you are playing.

ROTBI said:

Nice southern accent, lol.

Also, I call foul on your comment about Absurd's resources...it doesn't have Death on it. happy.gif

G2K8, the word was that there is going to be a legacy banned list and slated to be on it thus far are Chain Throw and Kunai. With LotM being actually banned though, I don't think Kunai should be, but I TOTALLY agree with getting rid of Chain Throw. It was such an obnoxious card and the catalyst for uninspired deck designs everywhere in it's day.

Definitely agree with this. CT should be banned in Legacy, but I don't see Kunai being banworthy at all.

But I wanna play Astrid and run Chain Throw! C'mon who doesn't like Chain Throw+Kft+3x Absurd Strengths on your opponant's turn? :D

B-Rad said:

But I wanna play Astrid and run Chain Throw! C'mon who doesn't like Chain Throw+Kft+3x Absurd Strengths on your opponant's turn? :D

You sir.. are insane.. in a GOOD way xD

B-Rad said:

Legacy worlds next year my friend, just you watch :D

play me for money in legacy b-rad or cards :)

dshaffer said:

B-Rad said:

*twitch* Do I get to have Yoga Mastery down when you play that?

I'm confused.

What's this "Legacy" people keep talking about? Does it have anything to do with UFS?

MarcoPulleaux said:

I'm confused.

What's this "Legacy" people keep talking about? Does it have anything to do with UFS?

Oh, shut the **** up for once.

Tagrineth said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

I'm confused.

Lolz
:P

Tagrineth said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

I'm confused.

No

depends on what your build is, off of fire, hilde with damage reduction foundations and legacy fire damage pump (silent step for draw) and ryu's dark hado on an 8th bill would be brutal.