Non-Force Capable Races

By ShiKage, in Game Mechanics

So.. I've been wondering lately, what races/species are explicitly restricted from gaining a force rating and force powers?

I know that Droids are specifically called out in this regard but I can't recall seeing this limitation expressed for any other species so far. Many believe the Chiss are restricted from gaining a Force Rating though I'm pretty sure that isn't defined in the FFG books and I'm not sure the source of this.

So I guess I will go with two questions:

1) Are any other races explicitly restricted as force users in the FFG rules? If you know of any, which are they and where is it stated?

2) Rules aside, are there any that you believe should be restricted? Is your reasoning supported by existing materials and is that material canon or legends?

1. Nope

2. Yup...Wookiee Force Sensitives are notably rare according to canon (TCW).

1. Nope

2. Yup...Wookiee Force Sensitives are notably rare according to canon (TCW).

Notably rare, for sure. But not incapable.. so, it'd be between the GM and player for the most part. But they do obviously happen, as they have the one youngling in TCW.

Personally, I think a Gank force sensitive would be interesting.. well, more it'd look cool with that Deathstroke style body armor they've got going. :)

Ah, I thought by "restricted" you meant something akin to carefully limited or regulated, not outright disallowed. My bad.

Far as I know, any sentient species in the galaxy has the potential for Force sensitivity, although some species produce far more Force sensitives than others. And since your PC heroes are supposed to be exceptional, there's really no reason that they can't be Force sensitive.

IMO there should be some regulation applied...for example, I wouldn't generally allow two Force-using Wookiees in the same party (that's my own preference). Otherwise, I don't really have a problem with a player wanting his character to use the Force, regardless of species.

Yeah, I realized the confusion when you replied.. so I do agree 'restricted' but not disallowed. It'd be a conversation for GM and PC to have to see if it really fit in their game. I would imagine some others would be similarly uncommon.

Yeah, I realized the confusion when you replied.. so I do agree 'restricted' but not disallowed. It'd be a conversation for GM and PC to have to see if it really fit in their game. I would imagine some others would be similarly uncommon.

Yeah: Jawas, Hutts, and Caamasi are all listed on Wookieepedia. Besides the Force-blind Rakata of antiquity and the Force-void, extra-galactic Yuuzhan Vong, I can't think of any other Legends or Canon species that has low or no Force sensitives.

Me either. Until that string of TCW episodes I had been under the impression that wookies didn't have force sensitives either but I think that came from one of the RPGs possibly.. similarly, there just seemed to be a general feeling that Chiss were not force sensitive when I read the books, but I never did see anything to support that just an impression I got for some reason.