Collectors quest pack

By alexbobspoons, in The Lord of the Rings - Print on Demand

So here is a suggestion for a pod pack for ffg, the collectors quest pack.

It would have say 20-60 cards and ALL of them would be quest cards. Thus making say (at average 3 quest cards per adventure) 7-20 ish new adventures.

The card sets to make up the encounter decks would be chosen from the FULL spread of encounter decks released so far.

Downsides:

Quite a bit of research and development into many quests, playtests etc.

Upsides:

1: Brings into use old encounter decks, gets use out of old cards for collectors

2: Encourages customers to buy all the missing products!!!

3: Interesting mixes of encounter decks from different cycles/deluxes/sagas producing unique quests

4: Produces high number of new quests for collectors at small current financial outlay, while still making money for ffg by encouraging purchasing "complete" collections.

What do you think? Mixing encounter decks from say core/black-riders/ringmaker-cycle around a new quest etc?

Sound good? Or too much faffing for ffg?

I think that with enoigh playtesting, ffg could produce a product that EVERY fan would buy for the massive number of new quests, while encouraging that extra spending.

Be nice huh?

Ps: much reduced artwork outlay for such a product, for the quest cards art they could use montages of key existing artwork from the encounter decks that scenario uses.

Edited by alexbobspoons

No hate or love for this idea???

That sounds like a great idea, although I think the mix of encounter sets for a certain quest should only be from 1 cycle/deluxe. (For example, don't mix Deeps of Moria with Dunlending Raiders.) That would be an awesome custom project even if FFG doesn't do it.

P.S. No one ever looks at the subforums so if you want to get this post noticed I would suggest reposting it in the main forum. :)

That sounds like a great idea, although I think the mix of encounter sets for a certain quest should only be from 1 cycle/deluxe. (For example, don't mix Deeps of Moria with Dunlending Raiders.) That would be an awesome custom project even if FFG doesn't do it.

P.S. No one ever looks at the subforums so if you want to get this post noticed I would suggest reposting it in the main forum. :)

Thanks have reposted :)