Movement from Outer Worlds cards

By RJtheB, in Elder Sign

Hello. I have a question: If I fail the dice roll for an Outer World card, can I move from it on my next turn? I'm playing the Gates of Arkham with the Streets of Arkham variant. I know the Gate prevents interaction with the Adventure card until Sealed, but can I move back to the Streets of Arkham card to regain Stamina or Sanity if I know failing the Outer World card (or an added Monster) may Devour me due to lost Stamina or Sanity? Thanks.

You're always free to move at the beginning of your movement phase, unless there's something specifically written on the adventure (like Prisoner of a Madman, or Arrested!). So, if you fail an OW adventure, during your next turn you are free to move to the Streets of Arkham, use the card's ability to heal and then move to a new adventure.

Remember that if you use the Streets of Arkham special abilities, you must move, and you must move to an Arkham Adventure, hence, you cannot return to the OW you were previously in, nor move to any new OW adventure.

Hope this clarifies your doubts