Rising to the Challenge >> A look at challenges, misfortune, and modifiers in WFRP

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

Necrozius said:

So what happens when the results of a dice through all cancel each other out?

Like rolling 2 challenges, which cancel out 2 hammers, and rolling two banes which cancel out your two boons.

Do you ignore the lack of a good or bad result and just re-roll immediately?

I would say, ignore the lack of a good or bad result.

Rolling 2 swords, and 2 hammers means that player failed, since he needs at least a 1 hammer more than swords (If I remember right something like that is in the dice symbol pdf).

If it is about counting the results for a skill/ spell/ action/ talent/ anything cards, I suppose it is the same. You just count the symbols that do not cancel each other out.

Such rolls do not happen too often, but thats the case. Better oucomes are rare, and you need to roll good for it to trigger (or use some better dice gran_risa.gif ).

chojun said:

Big fat speculation here:

but based on what I can see of the dodge action card in the product description it looks like when you dodge you might add misfortune dice to an opponents roll based on your agility. and for every blank that is rolled you add a recharge to your card. so I'm guessing that armor is represented with the purple challenge dice. this is me guessing. but if this is the case then its a pretty cool way to do things all in one dice roll.

I sincerely hope you're right in this. A separate Dodge roll is one of the big things that slows combats, and tat would be a very elegant way to do it.