Mishima Bloodline Timing Question

By Smazzurco, in UFS Rules Q & A

Static reads something like "while this card is ready, after you block with a character card, if that card has the same name as your char, add it to your staging area ready"

also has "R commit: after you play a char card, draw 2 cards"

I believe if a card is played "as a block" it is first passed, then considered played, then the attack is considered blocked.

But is it possible to draw and add the card to your staging area? I think its meant to give you the choice, but maybe its just meant to only allow drop/draw off one char from hand.

Thanks

8.3.2.10 If a block is discarded from the card pool before the Damage Step. Then the attack will still be considered blocked since the block quality was established and the attack took on the completely or partially blocked status during the Block Step.
8.3.2.11 Cards that trigger off of playing a block will only trigger if the card is played as a block during the Block Step. IE: You may not respond to “Playing a Block” when attacking with a card that has a block printed on it.

The continuous ability resolves first (attaching the character) this does not remove the trigger for the R: however, so you can still draw two cards. If one of those two is a Reversal you can do so with the just drawn card.

Note that all continuous abilities resolve before any Reactions can be done, and the active player's continuous abilities resolve first, so if your character block was a partial block (or it was a throw) and they had enhanced w/ something like "If this attack deals damage, cards can not be removed from the card pool for the rest of this combat phase" MB wouldn't work.

ok so basically if you block once, char goes to staging area, then you may commit MB to draw.

The only time you wouldnt want to draw i think is if you were thinking of blocking with another character.

I needs me more jins and kazuyas...