Bob the builder builds a bomber (pictures)

By Pour Le Merite, in Wings of War (WWI)

One of the worst things with the Wow models is that there is no bombers, just a few fighters (2 seaters). So I bought 2 bombers, one for each side a while ago. Since our campaign is a few months from when they will enter the war I havn't bother to put them together before but I did it tonight and took some (rather bad) pictures.

1. A pristine unopened packet. The wings and fusulage looks pretty big but I am not sure how big.

2. OMG, this is a lot worse than I even imagined. I have built quite a few planes before but nothing with this much junk in. And the blueprint is awful and almost no help whatsoever. It is also a lot of frigging work due to bad casting of the smaller details.

3. Putting on the lower wing. Nothing complicated, just some super glue.

4. Next I start with one of the engines. A lot of work to get the frigging thing on. The problem is the 2 triangles that steadys the enginge to the fusulage.

5. Starting with the second engine. Pondering if I ever will get the crap together.

6. Success. Both engines are on, now it is time for the worst work, the upper wing.

7. Now I start putting on the struts, by glueng them on the top wing. Thanks to Loc-tites super gel it is actually a lot more simple than I thought.

8. I add all the struts, note that I have glued some to the fusulage, it is much easier that way.

9. Putting the upper wing together with the rest of the stuff. Took some work to get all the struts to fit together. Actually a lot of work.

10. put on the wheels. The wheels in their selfs isn't so hard to get on but the support takes some job.

I must say that it is freakin huge. In this picture it is next to a Halberstadt CII.

How long did it take to putting the whole thing together? well almost 3 hours and I still have to paint it. I can't say I reccomend this to anyone who isn't great with models and small stuff, a scout usually takes me 15 minutes to put together, this was incredible much more work. And the worst thing is that I still have to build that french bomber too. I am at least happy that I didn't get the Gotha, it is even larger.

Also I must admit that the plane was easily worth the price, I mean so much tin is in itself not so cheap. But I am not so sure it really is worth all the work, if youre buying bombers you should just buy one for each side.

And I still havn't figured out how I will fit it on a Wow stand, I will most likely have to use 2.

Anyways, just posted this little thing because I have vacation now and nothing better to do. And I know some of you really wants bombers, and Wow is supposed to release rules for them soon. I really hope they release some models too.

Nicely done!

...and thank-you for sharing.

Where did you get the kit?

That is cool, looks like a real pain to assemble too! Very Nice!

It is a red eagle AEG G IV Bomber and costed £6 at Skytrex.

I am curently painting it, it starting to look really cool. But I am happy Jon bought the Gotha, I would hate putting that together.

Now I just need to fix the Breuget to, but at least it only have one engine.

All I can say is IMPRESSIVE. I am not usually easily impressed.

Flying Officer Kyte said:

All I can say is IMPRESSIVE. I am not usually easily impressed.

Lol, lets just be happy it wasn't the Gotha... I am putting the Breuget together now and even if it has less parts I am still having more problems with it.

But we all know that bombers are important if we actually want the game to reflect the airwar. And the bomber expansion is coming... I guess we improvise something until then.

So lets hope we will get a series with official bombers soon, otherwise you will have to join me :D

Thanks anyways fellows. I will post a better picture of it when I have the painting and decals done.