King's Revesre DDT

By Ender Dragon, in UFS Rules Q & A

I am having an issue with the wording and people misinterpreting it.

Combo E: Your opponents hand size is permanently reduced by 1. Only playable if your opponent's hand size is greater than yours.

E Commit 1 foundation: Your opponent draws 2 less cards during their next Draw Step. Only playable if your opponent's hand size is greater than yours.

I was asked for a ruling and told them when a card says "Hand Size" it means your current hand size. I had a player argue with me that "Hand Size" meant the number of cards in your hand, which I am pretty sure is wrong, or else the card would say "Only playable if your opponent's has more cards in hand than you do." I had to tell them that in UFS "Cards in Hand" "Hand Size" and "Printed Hand Size" are very different things.

Please tell me I am right and that it means current hand size and not cards in hand.

Current hand size is what the card is referring to.

"Hand size" is the number of cards you'll draw to during your draw step. We went over this what three years ago with Absurd Strength? >_>;

If "Hand size" was the number of cards in your hand, you'd never draw cards during the draw step, because you'd already be at your "hand size". Tell them that, it's sound logic.