RTL Dungeon Areas

By mordak5, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

In the RTL dungeon levels, there are rarely any doors other than for the portal, but on the last level there are 2 white doors, are these classed as other areas as in standard descent, and if so should I not populate these areas until the heros or a named monster opens the door.

We just set this one up, and I populated everything as if its all one area.

Cheers.

In the back of the rulebook they show both types of doors; ones that "hide" a new area and ones that don't. One has triangles on each end, but I cannot remember offhand which is which...

That's correct. Even with doors, unless it specifically says "area 1" and "area 2", then you treat the whole dungeon as just one area.

-shnar

cheers that what we thought, missed the bit about the shape of the doors.

in the same dungeon the card description states that the heros must carry villagers out the dungeon, and the heros get 1 conquest for each villager saved. the OL get 2 for every one they leave behind. Is anything to stop the OL killing the villagers, and if so is that classed as them being left behind?

Dungeon 37 Web of Lives

Also, you might note, that the normal 40 dungeon levels are only single area dungeons. Then when you get to the rumours and Legendary dungeons (don't recall offhand about Avatar levels), those have 3 areas: Start area, area 1, and area 2. There might be 1 or 2 exceptions to this, but otherwise, this is the case.

mordak5 said:

cheers that what we thought, missed the bit about the shape of the doors.

in the same dungeon the card description states that the heros must carry villagers out the dungeon, and the heros get 1 conquest for each villager saved. the OL get 2 for every one they leave behind. Is anything to stop the OL killing the villagers, and if so is that classed as them being left behind?

Dungeon 37 Web of Lives

IIRC, it's in the FAQ that they can't shoot the villagers...

-shnar

Ah wondered because in dungeon 27 the OL has to kill villagers to active the Master Demon.

seems strange that one dungeon makes you kill villagers, but another doesn't allow it.

where in the FAQ does it say I cant kill villagers, cos I cant find it?? My FAQ is dated 25/3/2009

mordak5 said:

where in the FAQ does it say I cant kill villagers, cos I cant find it?? My FAQ is dated 25/3/2009

I don't think it does. AFAICT you can kill the villagers. That means that no one will get CT for them. They won't have left the dungeon and they won't have been left behind.

yeah card for dungeon 37 says I cant hurt them, its specific to that dungeon I guess.