STAR WARS LCG New packaging ugly

By NoMorgan, in Star Wars: The Card Game

We want the old packaging with box !
We want the old packaging with box ! (repeat)

We want the old packaging with box ! (repeat again)

This plastic packaging, (somewhat ugly ) no longer allows storing the cards in packets !

Or find a way to insert folded in plastic of the new packaging.

Or in the worst case, give us a link to the template of each box that print !

People actually store cards in the Force Pack boxes?

Huh.

It's a package. Recycle it and move on.

I might miss the little pieces of cardboard that came in the old ones but plastic is less wasteful and therefor superior.

I usually immediately take the cards out and throw away any and all packaging. I also don't keep inserts. FFG posts all of those online anyway. Store cards in a long box with some dividers (plastic dividers for long boxes are cheap).

Sure plastic is better than cardboard...

Anyway.

I...I don't even...

It's a package. Store your cards in 'not this package' and move on.

If it's any consolation OP I agree. I put the cards in sleeves & binders, but as an obsessive SW collector I still like to keep the boxes. Ah well.

I also agree with the OP because I like to keep my cards in the box in which they were purchased. I do not like to put cards into long boxes or other storage options becasue I want the original boxes. FFG should return to the card boxes instead of the plastic, which is ugly and hard to store. Both packaging methods are recyclable, so there is no advantage there.

While I'd prefer boxes for storage (I still use my imperial assault box for storage for all the current expansions) over plastic, there is also this:

http://education.nationalgeographic.com/education/encyclopedia/great-pacific-garbage-patch/?ar_a=1

Less produced plastic can't be a bad thing :)

I feel as to make that happen, though, you'd need more companies collaborating. You don't often tend to think about how wasteful the cardboard-and-plastic industry is...or at least, I don't.

That being said, Wizards is trying something new as well: Recyclable Modern Masters Packaging . Not sure how well it will be received, but it does make sense, given the amount of plastic they've been working with in the past.

Edited by MarthWMaster

I love the empathy here. I expected more, honestly. This is not a forum to suggest that people "get over" anything near and dear to them. Not everyone values or even stores things the same as everyone else. No, not everyone opens the box and throws the boxes away. I can appreciate people sharing that they throw their boxes away. Cool! Good for you. But to say get over it is something I'd expect on IGN or other fan-boy forums.

I agree with the original post. In fact, I logged on to write the same exact thread. I can't stand the blister packaging. There are a lot of people, myself included, who hold on to the box just because they are so beautiful. Everything from the art to the texture of the package is what I have come to expect from FFG. I have Star Wars LCG, Net Runner, LoTR and Game of Thrones all displayed nicely (and proudly) on a shelf. To me, this is a major misstep - at least in terms of branding and the perception of FFG's attention to detail and exceptional quality. They hit a home run with their packaging and they flubbed it. To me - and other friends and members of my game group - FFG cred dropped with this new packaging. Let's remember, this is an LCG. Not a CCG that come in foil packs.

It may not seem like a big deal to some of the alpha gamers on here, but some people value all aspects of a product like this: The game, the art, the packaging, presentation. This is also a forum where we have a direct line to the manufacturer and creators of our favorite hobby. Even if we don't agree, we should all encourage free exchange of feedback because you never know when the next thing you're madly passionate about is what your neighbor might hate.

FFG - please bring back the old packaging. Others can throw it away but there are a lot of people who know you for the high quality and thought you put into all aspects of commercializing your products - including packaging. Please think again.

To much work.

Burn it and say you threw it out.

To much work.

Still too much work. leave it where it is and say you burned it.

To much work.

Still too much work. leave it where it is and say you burned it.

"Why is there a huge pile of Star Wars packs over here?"

"There isn't, shut up."

Couldn't care less whether it was ugly or not, but it's plastic. Isn't that bad for the environment? What's wrong about the earlier packs?

I hear Magic the Gathering now provides cardboard boosters for their GP's. In the past, you could see entire trashcans full of plastic. Somewhere deep inside it made me sad.

Over here we don't really recycle plastic. It just goes to the trashcan. Paper does get recycled (sometimes).

Edited by Marginal0

The LotR game organization makes it easy to use the cardboard boxes in my storage shoeboxes (as each expansion is its own set of encounter cards), so I hope they keep it up in that game (I cut them to fit, put the insert in there and into a card sleeve it goes, as a separator...

With SW, you can't really use the boxes in this manner as separators, and so I found myself just tossing the boxes. Basically, if FFG ever decides to change the LotR packaging, I'll be in this boat with the OP...