How to: Sleeve-up and package your favourite game(Includes sleeves amount and types used)

By TheDarkSun, in Chaos in the Old World

So, for all of you who wants to speed up the setup for the game as well as get some protection from spills and other dangerous stuff:

You need:

53 Fantasy Flight Sleeves(Green Colour Code)

96 Fantasy Flight Sleeves(Yellow Colour Code)

7 Zippers Bags (I used 17cm by 8cm)

6 Rubber Ribbons =)

Small Modification to the insert(no offense to FF, please)

What I did(this is only my personal preference):

Repackaged all the Gods figures and tokens into 4 separate bags. The content of each bag is:

1. All the figures for that God

2. All the corruptions tokens

3. Power Marker

4. Victory Point Marker for that God

5. 4 Dial Advancement Markers

2n0pvsi.jpg

That allowed us to setup the game in two minutes.

Next I repackaged all the tokens into 3 Zipper bags:

1. All the peasant and skaven tokens

2. Hero and Noble tokens

3. Warp and event tokens

Each of the two types of tokens are really easy to distinguish, which gave us a 30 second Old World event setups

k19oo4.jpg

Now just put all the cards into approporiate sleeves.

I sorted them out into 6 piles - 4 stacks of Chaos cards(1 stack per God), Old Wold cards+Ruined Cards, Upgrades for all the gods.

ji0u47.jpg

Finally I made a small change to the insert, whci his really hard to explain for me, but I hope you'll get the idea:

1. By default the insert looks like A B © A where

A are the two flat sides with the "moat" B in the middle. © is the small separator that you can pull outpush in.

2. All you need to do is to fold it in the opposite direction, so A would become the two sections and B will be a flat separator between them. After this I pushed in the © .

3. Fill the two sections with content and put a dice bag into the Small whole that we pushed separator in =)

116uf47.jpg

I know it sounds crazy, because my english is far from perfect, but I hope someone will understand. =)

Last step that I will DEFINATELY take is laminate the Chaos God cards, because I'm really afraid they will get turn apart by countless bloody battles.

With all my respect to all the fellow gamers and FF stuff.

PS: No, I'm not psycho, I just like my games to last forever =)

To protect your figures (especially the Cultists), you may not want to go with ziplock bags. I opted for a Plano box to hold all the pieces. No. 3600 works but I chose the one that is only half as deep. I also used a 5303 Plano card holder. It all fits in teh box but I had to take the insert out.

Well, I totally agree with you, but I am going max budget version =)

To be honest, I think that figures will be fine, cause they are all spread out and nothing is pushing on them.

FYI - I think you were right, so I'll change the topic name from Protect to Sleeve-up, because this is what I meant.

Great idea about the box insert. It's actually very simple . . . but easily overlooked.

I will be protecting the card sheets with some self adhesive sandtex...I am always impressed with the high quality materials FF give us.

I now have 3 of their games and plan to look after them and play them forever.

I'll laminate God crads tommorow and let you know how that works out. It should be really cheap and pretty reliable for 100 + game sat the bar ea shopwherever.

Yap, now I can confirm - lamintaion worked great. Spent 4$ and got my God cards to the pretty durable state.

I would definately recommend to everyone. Cheap and reliable =)

TheDarkSun said:

Yap, now I can confirm - lamintaion worked great. Spent 4$ and got my God cards to the pretty durable state.

I would definately recommend to everyone. Cheap and reliable =)

I'm gonna do that as well. Great idea.

Nice. I wont be putting mine in bags once I paint them. Also I am waiting to show off the cultist with banners. Can't wait to finish. I cut off the poles and used a needle in place of them. Many of the Chaos star were already broken off. I like my substitutes better than them so I don't need to contact Thadd. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Pre-lamination, did you have any trouble getting the large cards to fit into the green colour code sleeves? I ask because the cards seem to measure 57mmx89mm and the green colour code sleeves are for 56mmx87mm cards.

I sleeved my game last week and the larger cards go in the green sleeves just fine with a bit a room to spare.

Yes, green code is great. Works fine and I had no issues fitting the cards in.