Will there be magic?

By eristotle, in Wrath of the Gods

I'm curious to see if there will be options for magic and/or holy items in this series. Cthulhu, Mayan, and Ragnarok apocalypses could easily support spells and enchantment and nothing prevents the possibility of holy relics showing up in the End Times. Will PCs get access to these? Will they exist at all? Thoughts?

Well there is an example with how they have handled magic previously in the voodoo scenario with EotW:ZA. So I would imagine there will be magic. But, I doubt there will be rules in the book on PCs obtaining the ability to do magic. As far as relics, there may end up being some small items that help the PCs survive but nothing that would allow them to destroy gods. Sort of like the gris-gris in the voodoo scenario.

I've read that 17% of the population is psychically active. So if you or any of your fellow players have one of the many how to develop your ESP books give them a try. You'll be just as successful in game as you are out game. ESP is kind of generic though and I believe I have once read someone calling it secular humanist magic, so expect some pressure to conform to whatever scenario you are facing.

Gaia's Revenge: Herbal magic, Green Magic, Wicca. If you or your fellow player's have any of these books in your collection give yourselves a one die bonus. If one of you has actually practiced any of this for three years or more that person gets a two die bonus.

Return of Quetzalcoatl: Mexican Folk Magic, Aztec Witches, Mayan Code. Mayan Oracle. If you or your fellow players have any of these books in your collection give yourselves a one die bonus. If one of you has actually practiced any of this for three years or more that person gets a two die bonus.

Ragnarok: Runes, Norse Magic, Rites of Odin. Lots of stuff available for this one. If you or your fellow players have any of these books in your collection give yourselves a one die bonus. If one of you has actually been practicing any of this for the past three years or more that person gets a two die bonus.

Revelation: Hoodoo, Conjure, American Folk Magic, Pennsylvania Dutch Powwow, Novenas, Coptic Magic, Psalm Workbook, Traditional Witchcraft. There is actually quite a bit of Christian folk magic out there. If you or your fellow players have any of these books in your collection give yourselves a one die bonus. If one of you has actually practiced any of this for three years or more that person gets a two die bonus.

That is not Dead: I've seen at least three versions of the Necronomicon out there and I would include anything on Chaos magic as well. If you or any of your fellow players have any of these books in your collection give yourselves a one die bonus. If one of you has actually been practicing any of this for the past three years or more that person gets a two die bonus.

The one die bonus for the group is because communities survive while individuals die, but to keep the bonus you have to practice the magic from the books in game. If three game sessions go by without using the magic you loose the bonus.

Christians don't believe in magic. At least not CORRECT magic

11 hours ago, Matt Skywalker said:

Christians don't believe in magic. At least not CORRECT magic

Christians have always believed in magic. Church officials and those aspiring to control Christians have repeatedly tried to limit access to magic and since the 1970's have frequently joined with secular humanists in trying to convince the public that magic is either a hoax or doesn't exist at all, but the vast majority of Christians have always known that it exists.

I said not correct.

They don't believe it is right to use it

So, eristotle, I am treating magic as a skill you can learn about from the books at your local library much like learning to draw, cooking, gardening, etc. Did my suggestion help in anyway or were you looking for something like the magic in video games?