Great 1 night adventure for 8 players?

By Ceodryn, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Hi guys,

I haven't been here in a long time, and have not run WFRP3 for a couple years. Yet, a friend of mine is having a birthday in a month, and I will be running a one session of WFRP3 that night, with about 8 players (Argh!). As I have been running Edge of the Empire for a couple years now, I am going to simplify WFRP3 quite a lot to make it run faster.

I however need a really fun 1 night session that would run ~5-6h, and would include a mix of exploration, social and combat (Big boss at end). Some of the players have done most of the published WFRP3 adventures. Oh, and if feasible, it would be great to be an adventure that adapt to dwarves (8 players... 1 human...)

It doesnt have to be a WFRP3 adventure, I am happy to port something from 1st or 2nd edition.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Cheers

Philippe

Hi Phillipe,

Glad to see you stepping back into WFRP, if only for 1 game! Btw, we (by we I mean the more code competent member of our group) updated the library. I'll send it off to you by PM. I also kind-of finished the third chapter module of TGS if you run into anyone asking for it.

As for the game idea, I'll open up the question to our group and see if we can come up with anything for you. One of our player/GMs is keen on converting 1st and edition adventures and he might have something.

David

Thanks David. It's great to see it is still being used.

I possibly have one adventure in mind. In the 1st or 2nd edition, there was this adventure taking place during a fest, where sausage were being made with human/dwarf meat and contaminated, which the heros would be very pissed about. I can't recall the name of the adventure, but look for it.

Cheers

Philippe

Hey Phillipe

Welcome back. Let's hope you stick around. Your contributions to this WFRP3 community was invaluable and your absence was a loss to the community. Yes our group (I'm in the same gaming group as DC Greewood) makes good use of your library (albeit a now heavily adapted version of it).

As for Fear the Worst i've never run it but have heard good things about it and know it was discussed by someone who ran it and converted to 3rd. Not so much detailed notes so much as what the pitfalls and things to look out for in terms of balance between both systems.

https://faustusnotes.wordpress.com/2011/01/13/converting-warhammer-1st-edition-to-3rd-edition/

It may or may not help

Noely

PS I may be wrong but looking at the adventure content I think you'd be hard pushed to squeeze all the content into a 5 hour session even if you have some quickfire Speed roleplaying system. I know I'd struggle to do so but maybe that's just me. Good luck! :)

Edited by Noelyuk

Thanks Noely, that's a great link. You're right though that it may be too long of an adventure, except if I cut huge chunks of it.

Still looking what I could run on 5-6h night. The toughest part is going to have 8 players.

Yes, that one I know well, and agree... however (and I need to check), it's such a well known adventure that they may have played it.

"With a little help from my friends" comes to my mind. Try it. ;)

Did anyone convert Rough Night At The Three Feathers for WFRP3?

I can do so myself, but if someone already did, I can spare myself the work :)

Thanks

Yes I have some conversion notes for it. I believe they were done by Valvorik, i'm sure he won't mind me sharing. I'll dig them out and email you if you PM me your email address Ceodryn.

EDIT - I found your email address and have sent you the content. Enjoy

Edited by Noelyuk