Random Career Table

By guver, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Hi all,

The player's guide comes with a handy nice table for Random starting career generation (very like the one in WFRP2).

Has anyone expanded on this one adding careers from other books and adjusting the numbers?

Nope. Before each campaign, I simply construct a deck of career cards based on the "style" of campaign I'll be running, and have my players draw three random careers and pick one.

Examples:

Grim and gritty campaign where the players begin as gutter trash and have to scrape by for brass pennies = remove all Advanced and Epic career cards. Also remove more "badass" careers such as Waywatcher, Iron Breaker, Witch Hunter, etc. PC's can move into these careers later if the story allows for it, but otherwise more mundane careers such as Rat Catcher, Peasant, Guard, Boatman etc are the starting point.

Political Intrigue campaign where the players are directly involved with the nobility and politicking of the Empire = build a career deck with cards that represent careers that might be involved in such affairs (i.e. Messenger, Herald, Agent, Soldier/Captain, etc)

and so on