Time Length of a Game

By Hawknight, in Universal Fighting System

how long does a match usually take?

a game well MATCH is 2 out of 3 in 50(in some areas 60) minutes. Usually if you're playing just for fun it's around 5 minutes if you guys are playing balls to the wall, or up to 2-3 hours if you're playing very tight control and both sides land their pieces early. but to answer your question i've yet to see a game outside of a "scoop" go less than 5-10 minutes and a full round of games last longer than 60 minutes (outside of one mill vs mill both with anti-mill answers in their decks).

hope that helps

N.J.

In addition:

Best of 1 games are typically 30 minutes.

And locally, if we're in a time crunch, we'll do best 2 of 3 in 45 minutes.

i have found that with all these mono symbol events that a lot of matchs go to time

c pyrotecnic a said:

i have found that with all these mono symbol events that a lot of matchs go to time

Which aggravates me cause those were the most common matches where I had a chance at winning :(

Which is funny because in most non-standard tournaments I almost always am the first to finish a match...

Tis the problem with playing cards of one symbol, not many alternatives.

I usually do 45 minutes.

It REALLY depends on decks. sometimes one game goes the whole 50 minutes, and other times I'll see a quick 2-0 in around maybe... six or seven minutes counting the time for shuffling and cutting and all.

And as for the single resource tournaments I won my life tournament with 1 win and 2 draws. Most people had all draws. I stayed home for the earth tournament for the same reason... and somehow everyone brought and aggro deck and won super-quick...

I always run 50 minute rounds. They may run shorter if all of the matches are done. I have had rounds end as quickly as 20 minutes with some of the faster decks.

Its all true it really depends on how fast the deck you play and your opponent plays are i recently play in a tourney i was first done in every round and second round the games were over in 6 minutes and so we played 4 more games before the round was up just for fun

i have won 2-1 in 10 minutes, but generaly, a 2-0 lasts 20-30 minutes and 2-1 lasts 45+ minutes. our store has a lot of control players so sometimes, i will have all draws. one tournement, i had all zero-zero draws (running a life deck.)

It also depends on how familiar people are with their decks. Me and a friend here have finished two out of threes rather quickly, not making many mistakes and going seversal turns in each game and finished under 45 easy.

Some games DO end on turn two still these days... Oh man, at Ohayocon Rock Howard promo getting nuked by Guy... wtf...