Lackey League

By Dwnhmcntryboy, in CoC General Discussion

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to participate in a Lackey League for Cthulhu.

I would like to get some prizes. I was thinking of have a Western block, a Eurpoean Block and an Asian Block with the top 2 of each block meeting of for a double elimination tourney at an agreeable time for all. A cyber Worlds tourney. Is there any interrest in this?

I ask because the guy who got me into CoC has vanished and so have most of the other players I used to play with. So I have cards but no friends to play and thought this would be a good alternative as some of you may be in the same boat I am.

i could play some games. id have to figure out how to use lackey again though.

maybe after the coreset is released youll find new players in your area too. i have to drive over an hour to play games and even then its a pretty small group and we didnt play for a few months either. so i kinda understand where youre at.

That guy your talking about that vanished.. it wasn't me by chance was it? I was the one trying to organize a lackey tournament before but with all the format changes and the trouble to get everyone to agree on using lackey I gave up for a while. Not to mention I've been busy, but I'm down for providing what help I can if we can gather enough people this time around.

Master of R'lyeh said:

That guy your talking about that vanished.. it wasn't me by chance was it? I was the one trying to organize a lackey tournament before but with all the format changes and the trouble to get everyone to agree on using lackey I gave up for a while. Not to mention I've been busy, but I'm down for providing what help I can if we can gather enough people this time around.

No mate wasn't you. And as you can see by the number of viewers not many are interrested. Just thought I would test the waters and see what is out there.

I think its a good idea, i haven't played Chulhu in ages and i need something to re-engage me with the game. Thing is I'm really busy right now, so how about I act as the impartial league moderator. I'll collect scores from match results and keep a thread updated with them, and maybe moderate over any minor rules questions that could come up. What do you think?

Here's a brief outline for a simple league:

• Players register their deck before the league starts and must stick to the same deck, +/10% for minor adjustments (to stop players with the most cards tailoring a new deck for each opponent).
  • Decks are published in a thread in the Deck Construction board to keep things above-board, but they wont be put up until everyone has submitted their deck.
  • Each player plays every other player once (or maybe twice if we don't get a lot of entrants).
  • Winner is the first to 3 stories (eldritch block) or the last to deck out.
  • After the match one player should PM me the result, and I will PM the other player to confirm the score.
  • A win earns you 3 points, a draw is 1 point (if a match is going on too long, both players can agree to call it a draw, but i'll monitor for abuse of this system).
  • The number of stories won acts as a sort of " goal difference " system. So player with a tied number of points are separated by the number of stories they have won. This does penalize discard decks slightly, but they are probably over-dominant at the moment anyway.

Any disputes over decks or rules questions should be minimal, we're all pretty friendly on here, so I doubt we'd have any problems.

Sound good, anyone got any suggestions?

these new boards dont have a pm system.

Wow, really. I hadn't noticed, and that is totally useless. Anyway, we can use e-mail, if people don't mind.

Stevetor said:

I think its a good idea, i haven't played Chulhu in ages and i need something to re-engage me with the game. Thing is I'm really busy right now, so how about I act as the impartial league moderator. I'll collect scores from match results and keep a thread updated with them, and maybe moderate over any minor rules questions that could come up. What do you think?

Sound good, anyone got any suggestions?

Sounds fine We just have to get peopl eto sign up.

I am in for the Lakey League. I just got it and am trying to set up a deck, but once I figure out how to use it I am in.

I just got a deck done, anybody want to play let me know.

If someone wants to run a league you can use my Cthulhu Yahoo group: games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CallofCthulhuLCG/ to coordinate things. If you need admin rights email me and I'll set you up.

Excuse me if I don't use the appropriate thead (ask me to edit in case it's disturbing).

I would like to know if you're running the last barrumbo's update for your league, as I have problem downloading it.

It might seems silly, but the .RAR does'nt work anymore on BARRUMBO's site ... May you help me ?

I don't know how late I am, no if people even still check this thread but I would definitely like to join up. I'm relatively new to the game in general but would love any excuse to play.