Why 12 spaces on the power point tracks?

By Ryslaw2, in Chaos in the Old World

Each Power Point Track has 12 spaces on it, however it seems that the maximum power one can have is 9 in case of Slaneesh. Why 12 spaces then? Is there any rule I have missed or maybe there are some other means to upgrade your power to the unholy level of 12?

Or maybe it is a hint of some kind of expansion?

This has been discussed in another thread - there doesn't appear to be a way to get to 12 power so, as you've pointed out, it is likely such powerups are just giving space to potential expansions.

Or maybe they just had the space and didn't knew how to spend it otherwise... :oD

It represents the fact that we are mere mortals playing the roles of the Chaos gods. An ACTUAL god would be able to get to 12 power, but we are limited by standard, terrestrial bounds.

Well its probably a case of a template of the card being altered for each God. Add to Tzeentch the power point upgrade and a stack of Drain Power cards (how many are there in the deck?) and I think that you might land 12 there. Slaanesh does only 9 and the others are more limited - so for me that screams of document templating for them and so its unnecessary for anyone other than Tzeentch

myrm said:

Well its probably a case of a template of the card being altered for each God. Add to Tzeentch the power point upgrade and a stack of Drain Power cards (how many are there in the deck?) and I think that you might land 12 there. Slaanesh does only 9 and the others are more limited - so for me that screams of document templating for them and so its unnecessary for anyone other than Tzeentch

Tzeentch has only 2 Drain Power cards. Each only lets him get +1 Power (the card does not grant him one power each as many assumed). So with his Upgrade granting him +1 at the beginning of the turn, he will cap out at 9 Power Points just like Slaanesh. That's the 6 basic points, the +1 from Power of Magic and the +2 from the two Drain Powers.

OK then they are all the same due to templating, but why it goes to 12 is a mystery to me then....that was the only way I could see it going that high.