North Alabama Players?

By Vykk Draygo, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Well, the title says it all. Any stores running any game days?

I don't know of any stores running any, but I'd be happy to play sometime at The Deep in Huntsville, AL. Let me know if you'd be interested sometime.

I'm from Gadsden, Alabama. I've been getting people into it in this area. We try to play every other Tuesday night. And on the Tuesday nights we don't play I am usually in Huntsville, so I can play up there too.

Edited by Chrissr09

Tuesday nights at The Deep Comics and Games in Huntsville. Mostly X-Wing but there is some Armada starting to happen.

Store Championship in Hoover at Excelsior! On Sunday March 6th.

I hope to make it to Excelsior.

Store Championship in Hoover at Excelsior! On Sunday March 6th.

Excelsior's FB page says it's Saturday, February the 27th.

https://www.facebook.com/Excelsior-103970469719645/

Sign up here: https://squareup.com/market/excelsior/xwing-excelsior-championship

That's weird that's when the XWing tournament is. https://www.facebook.com/events/1705332139750854/

This is the FB event link.

Oooops!!!!! I'm sorry. That is the Xwing tourney. I'm getting my FFG mini games and forums mixed up. Sorry for any confusion!!!

Excelsior tournament is Sunday, March 5th according to what I have been told. The start time is Noon, not sure if that is a registration or first round. Don't think there is a facebook event for it that I have seen.

Sadly I had to miss the tournament due to SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) reasons. How did it go?

It could be worse, I now have to build a fleet for my SWMBO to practice against since she lost to CaribbeanNinja.

Sadly I had to miss the tournament due to SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) reasons. How did it go?

The tournament was fun! Sorry you had to miss it. We ended up with 9 players, so 4 tables plus 1 bye. Plenty of prizes for everyone since the TO had the store championship kit plus leftovers from other kits.

I thought it was going to be the same 6 players as our last tourney so it was nice to see a few new faces. I hope this means Armada is growing in our area. I believe the store can support 9 tables, and I hope some day we'll get to see it maxed out.

I wish I had seen this sooner. Birmingham is s great deal closer than driving to Atlanta for me. But I'm glad that it is finally growing around the north part of the state.

I'll try to do my AAR tonight. I brought my modified 3 VSD1 fleet but still had to face AdmiralYor and his blasted Demolisher on the final table :) . AdmiralYor won the event.

it was a fun match CaribbeanNinja. Ill make a separate post when I get home tonight, but the store in Mobile set its store championship for the 20th, I just got the date. Hopefully some folks can make it down.

Edited by AdmiralYor

Is there a regular time that you play at the store? I would like to come by and play a game.

Is there a regular time that you play at the store? I would like to come by and play a game.

There is no regular time that I know of but I wish there was! I think Armada is slowly growing on folks. Every time new people would walk by they were definitely interested in all of these Star Wars ships.

We definitely need to start up some kind of regular meeting time/place in the area!

I contacted the events person for the Facebook X-wing group, "Alabama X-Wing Contingent" to ask if we could post Armada stuff. That's the largest area X-wing group I know of. He recommended that because there are only a few people into Armada in that group, maybe we should create a separate Armada group. Sounds like a good idea to me! I can set that up if there's enough interest.

I've got one set up for the north alabama area, but as of right now it just consist of the guy's that play at the shop I frequent.

I know this is a bit late but store championship at The Deep in Huntsville tomorrow starting at 1000.

I know this is a bit late but store championship at The Deep in Huntsville tomorrow starting at 1000.

Good luck to everyone! The northwest florida people were a bit traveled out to make this one.