prolonged action-how does it work?

By oren2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

if i declare a ready action. i move to a space and then i place a prolonged order token? what happens next?

1) do i roll the dice in my next turn?

or

2) do i roll the dice immediatley after i place the prolonged order token?

if the correct answer is 2, it doesnt make sense since all other orders (aim, dodge...) doesnt happen till the hero's turn ends

can you clarify please with a couple of examples?

oren said:

if i declare a ready action. i move to a space and then i place a prolonged order token? what happens next?

or

if the correct answer is 2, it doesnt make sense since all other orders (aim, dodge...) doesnt happen till the hero's turn ends

Here's my understanding (want to make sure i have it right ;)

When you declare the prolonged order, you (immediatley) roll dice equal to whichever trait the action requires. At the end of your turn, you remove the order, progress tokens you've made stay.

On future turns, if you declare a ready action and place the prolonged order. You not only roll for the order, but if you choose to concentrate (instead of moving or attacking) you can roll a second time.

You roll dice immediately when you place the prolonged order. The purpose of the prolonged order token is that it says whether or not you're currently allowed to take the "concentrate" half-action. This is a little silly, since any time you don't have an order, you can just place a prolonged order instead of concentrating, but this set-up prevents you from using another order on the same turn that you perfrom a prolonged action, and they probably wanted to have a separate token for each order just for consistency.

snacknuts said:

oren said:

or

When you declare the prolonged order, you (immediatley) roll dice equal to whichever trait the action requires. At the end of your turn, you remove the order, progress tokens you've made stay.

On future turns, if you declare a ready action and place the prolonged order. You not only roll for the order, but if you choose to concentrate (instead of moving or attacking) you can roll a second time.

snacknuts said:

so- if i understand you, this will be your example:

the heroe choose a ready action. he moves ( first half action ) to a lever using his movement points and placing a prolonged order token ( second half action ). then he immediatley roll dice equal to his trait (and can use fatigue if he chooses). then his turn ends.

in the next turn i choose ready action again. f irst half action - the prolonged action again (immediatley rolling the dice). second half action - concentrate (allowing me to roll the dice again).

is this what you meant?

oren said:

so- if i understand you, this will be your example:

the heroe choose a ready action. he moves ( first half action ) to a lever using his movement points and placing a prolonged order token ( second half action ). then he immediatley roll dice equal to his trait (and can use fatigue if he chooses). then his turn ends.

in the next turn i choose ready action again. f irst half action - the prolonged action again (immediatley rolling the dice). second half action - concentrate (allowing me to roll the dice again).

is this what you meant?

yep. In fact if the hero is close enough he could spend some fatigue to move up the the switch, and choose to concentrate during the first turn too.