When can we expect the Space Marines rpg?

By daddystabz, in Rogue Trader

Anyone read/heard/want to speculate on how long it will be approximately till the last of the big 3 promised games for the 40k universe is released, Space Marines? My players and myself are mostly interested in doing a Space Marines campaign and I am aware of the fan-made rules to do so but I am talking only specifically about the official game to do this.

When Fantasy Flight Games took over this line they promised to release 3 games representing the 40k universe. The first was Dark Heresy, covering the imperial inquisition. The second is the Rogue Trader game, focusing on private exploration/plundering/adventuring. The third promised game is one focused on Space Marines, focused on the military might of the imperial forces. But when can we expect this Space Marines game?

If DH came out in the beginning of 2008 and RT is released in September of 2009, I would expect Deathwatch sometime in 2011.

Cervantes3773 said:

If DH came out in the beginning of 2008 and RT is released in September of 2009, I would expect Deathwatch sometime in 2011.

I'd concur with that assessment.

Seems to be a good enough timeline for them to develop RT a bit before the next line.

Indeed, while we may hear more about Deathwatch this year, I would not expect it to be out till late next year at the earliest. All dependant of course on how far along they are now and how quickly the work progresses.

The Deathwatch Space Marines are quite interesting, especially as each brings unique philosophies and talents from their actual Chapter. However I do really hope that this PG/Suppliment will eventually cover more than just the militant arm of the Ordo Xenos. It would be nice, as an example, to also have material that could cover the Grey Knights of the Ordo Malleus... especially as Dark heresy already covers the Adepta Sororitas.

Cervantes3773 said:

There's a chance we could get lucky and get a Christmas 2010 release....

Alluvian Est-Endrati said:

Indeed, while we may hear more about Deathwatch this year, I would not expect it to be out till late next year at the earliest. All dependant of course on how far along they are now and how quickly the work progresses.

The Deathwatch Space Marines are quite interesting, especially as each brings unique philosophies and talents from their actual Chapter. However I do really hope that this PG/Suppliment will eventually cover more than just the militant arm of the Ordo Xenos. It would be nice, as an example, to also have material that could cover the Grey Knights of the Ordo Malleus... especially as Dark heresy already covers the Adepta Sororitas.

There is great number of intresting/mysterious Chapters which could be presented in Inquisition-related Astartes roleplay: Exorcists rumoured to be offshot of Great Knights with their daemon-possesing initiation rituals, Relictors disturbingly familiar with what Holy Ordos called Xanthisim, Red Hunters bound to the service in Inquisition, hunting down the renegade astartes and said to worship Emperor as divine diety...

Cervantes3773 said:

Sounds reasonable enough, I expect that the DW forum will be opened in early 2010 while the promotional campaign to drum up interest won't begin until summer of that year.