Quick technical question

By Cass2, in UFS Rules Q & A

Mujin Kyaku : http://www.twoheadeddragon.com/ufs/SF07/scans/042.jpg

Misdirection : http://www.twoheadeddragon.com/ufs/SNK02/scans/FNG097.jpg

My combat phase begin.

- I play another version of my character as my 1st form.

- Then i play Mujin Kyaku as my 2nd form.

- 1st E : misdirection, +6 dmg, character get removed if attack deals damage.

- 2nd E: Mujin E, get attack unblockable, but end combat phase if this attack deals damage.

- the attack deals damage.

Since it is my turn, and those 2 effects are floating, if i choose to resolve the Mujin first and go to the end phase, will the misdirection effect still resolve and make me discard my character?

or because i am forced to move to the end phase i will stack my other character on my starting one since i played it as a form?

basically, if a forced move to end phase prevent others effects from resolving?

thanks!

Interesting. Will get back about this after some conference.

i don't see why it wouldn't work..... if your combat phase ends all effects are terminated that pertain to that phase..... at least thats what i thought.... just like you don't resolve an attack at all if you got pull of the tides'd.

Since Misdirection's floating E resolves when the attack deals damage, you should be discarding the character from your card pool before you clear your card pool. Therefore the character is discarded.

Son Gopaul said:

Since Misdirection's floating E resolves when the attack deals damage, you should be discarding the character from your card pool before you clear your card pool. Therefore the character is discarded.

Yes if i played the character as a block, not as a form. In this example, i played it as a form, i get to add it to my starting character since it's the same character but another version.

Since i choose which floating effect resolve first, because it is my turn, i choose to resolve Mujin E first, which force my turn to end, thus MAYBE preventing misdirection effect from resolving, cancelling what make me discard it, and when i clear my card pool, the character, played as a form, get added.

waiting on Tag for this one.

The way i think of it. The 2 cards create 2 floating effects and since the player can choose with floating effect resolves first, he decides to go with Mujin Kykau, thus ending is combat phase. By this you resolve the end phase first removing every card in the card pool and placing it where it should be, in this case, if the character card was played as a form, it goes to stack with the starting character. After that the Mujin Kyaku floating effect ends, thus beginning Misdirection floating effect, but since it cannot target anything now, it does nothing.

I'd say based on the Pull of the Tides rulings previously given, yes, you can let your combat phase end first and it will effectively cut off any other effects.