DISNEY BOUGHT MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT!!

By Kiro13, in Odds & Ends

They also made an offer to DC. No word on whether or not DC accepted or not. As for the deal, I'm really iffy on it, because, if anyone knows or has watched the Power Rangers series, when Disney bought it, it became a lot more kid-oriented (more so than it all ready was). Disney said that the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was too violent...and I guarentee you if you go watch it, it wasn't that violent at all. So heres the different ways this could go down:

*Disney bought it in order to target more teens and adults, seeing as they only target kids mainly, and they will keep Marvel as it is

*Disney will completely make Marvel kid-oriented and completely kill the Marvel franchise

*Disney could have just bought Marvel to eliminate competition or widen their merchandise to comics as well, and not really care for it and keep it the same

*Disney could get rid of many of the more violent characters (The Punisher) and/or sell them too others

*Disney could just have bought out Marvel to elimiante competition, and do nothing with it, and just drop Marvel forever to be forgotten (highly unlikely)

So, I'm really skeptical on it for now, but I can guarantee that the obsessed Marvel fans right now, are on the verge of going mad, because I can't see Disney improving Marvel, or even keeping it the same. The reason being, right now, kid's toys are the biggest market right now, so having Marvel toys, and banking off of the movies would be great for Disney.

Yea a lot of the things right now is kinda iffy and stuff cause of what Disney might do, cause its hard to see Disney making series and such of Heroes that aren't very kid friendly. Though like some people I talked to they said it would cost Disney more and be wy more work its worth to try and change all the Marvel Series to make them Kid friendly and if the were trying to buy a series to make kid friendly they could have done better by buying a lower business place and change them.

Though the funny thing to me and my friend that we were talking about was what could happen in later Kingdom Hearts series lmfao. Wolverine i teaming up with Sora! We have to fight off the Sentinels! Punisher needs help! You can summon Spider-Man to help! Venom is one of the Villians! lmao it would seriously be something lol

/sigh...I already raeg'd at this on /tg/

Disney made a smart, smart move. Kids today are obsessed with the comic-book themed films that have been released, and owning a comic company gives Disney a huge advantage over that market -_-'

I'll wait and see what they do with Marvel before I start raging or raving. However, there are some good points in this. The next KHs could have Marvel in them. (OK, that would be weird.) Or... Marvel Promos. (That would also be weird.)

The chances of Marvel in it are highly unlikely. As seen with Pixar, Disney has owned Pixar for a long time, but never, and still as of now, doesn't use any of their movies, and they are more classic than Marvel. If Marvel was in Kingdom Hearts, it wouldn't really be Disney, because no matter how long Disney owns Marvel, people won't see it that way. Likewise, Disney bought out all of Sabann, who created Mystic Knights, Beetle Borgs, Power Rangers, etc. all being classic kids shows that do involve action. They weren't used either, so I doubt Disney will use Marvel for Kingdom Hearts, but rather keep Kingdom Hearts too classic Disney films.

My only real question being a Floridian is what does that mean to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. They have one whole Island called... "Marvel Super Hero Island"! If Disney now owns Marvel, pending the government’s Anti-trust check, then will they continue to license the name and characters to a competing theme park?

~Nevets

Disney announced that they will let Marvel keep their movie and video game rights, so those won't be affected. i.e. Mickey won't be appearing in Marvel vs. Capcom anytime soon. As for the parks, Marvel already has a contract with Universal, and Disney said that they will let Marvel keep it, so Marvel World as of now is staying in Universal Studios.

Guess what's happening with Disney now? Naruto Shippuden is gonna be on Disney XD... I do not see this going well... -__-

Card_Breaker said:

Guess what's happening with Disney now? Naruto Shippuden is gonna be on Disney XD... I do not see this going well... -__-

Good.

I hate Naruto.

*Hastily removes his otagakure headband*

HOLLY **** NO WAY TELL ME THIS IS A FUNNY

I think the chances of Marvel characters showing up in Kingdom Hearts are very slim. It would be cool though. I can see it now..Dr Strange-magical friend. Sorry I digress. I think it was at the begining of August that Upper Deck Entertainment signed a deal with Marvel to make cards. The deal is supposed to go into effect in January 2010, and Marvel.com has already been showing some teasers. So for legal reasons, I doubt Disney will be able to produce Marvel Cards of any kind for a while.

Naruto can show on Disney, but that doesn't mean Disney owns them. I like Naruto, not a lot, but it isn't bad.

Imagine if 4kids got their hands on Elfen Lied.

Apply similar thoughts to Disney and Naruto.

Herp derp at Yami Yugi, Ash Ketchum and Naruto Uzumaki all destroying the world through the power of LOLFRIENDSHIP

If they got Elfen Lied, two things would happen:

1) I would definitely watch it
2) Each episode would be roughly 2.5 minutes...with commercials!!!!

TheChampIsHere said:

If they got Elfen Lied, two things would happen:

1) I would definitely watch it
2) Each episode would be roughly 2.5 minutes...with commercials!!!!

It's not all breasts, gore and violence >.> Call it 4.6 minutes.

Naw, i still think it'd be the same length. they'd just always have a convenient flock of birds or Policeman #4's head keeping things PG. Then all the blood would be light blue and they'd say their power is to make people spit uncontrollably until death

then of course, at the end of each episode they'd have a Public Service Announcement about fireworks

devilmonkey said:

Naw, i still think it'd be the same length. they'd just always have a convenient flock of birds or Policeman #4's head keeping things PG. Then all the blood would be light blue and they'd say their power is to make people spit uncontrollably until death

then of course, at the end of each episode they'd have a Public Service Announcement about fireworks

So it'd be like 4Kids?

They wouldn't have police heads, and they would most likely make the blood black, or make the scnes black and white that included a lot of blood.