Treachery

By Shmoozer, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hey guys!

I just ordered my first expansion, Well of Darkness and i've been reading the downloadable rules-book that will come with it as well.
I already heard and read about Treachery before, and it seems pretty straight forward on how to use it (wow, something new in Descent, and they know how to explain it!!!).

My question is; there are many downloadable quests as well (on this site), but as far as i can see there aren't any that include a setup for Treachery.... Ofcourse i want to use the expansion and all its posibilities, so what is the best thing to do, so i can use Treachery in all games? (and yes, i know that for the core-box there is a list with what to use for each quest, so that's not an issue).

I haven't browsed many of the downloadable quests here, but I know they're divided into categories based on expansion(s) used--which actually is only "Well of Darkness" and "custom" because the "official" editor hasn't been updated in years, but I would imagine that quests designed for WoD would probably tend to include treachery.

If you're determined to add treachery to a quest that doesn't have it, your only real option is just to make up some numbers that seem appropriate and use those. There's no way to figure out how much is balanced without reading/playing the quest enough to get a feel for it, but if the original designer did his job the correct answer is probably "zero," because every point of treachery you add noticably helps the overlord and does nothing for the heroes. They never designed a way to add treachery to a quest without changing the quest's inherent balance.

They did add Feat cards in the Tomb of Ice expansion, which are an extra feature that can be added to any quest and that help the heroes instead of the overlord. It's been suggested that this was an attempt to balance out treachery. So you could try adding both feats and treachery to random quests, if you have all the appropriate cards. But even then, there's no official recommendation for how much treachery to add, you just kind of have to pick something.