Onslaught at Arda I Question for GMs

By ShiKage, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

I've just started looking through the Onslaught at Arda I Adventure Book and there is a portion of it that is left very open for the GM with not much in the way of suggestions that I noticed. So I wanted to put the question out there to see what other GMs might have gone with for this and how it seemed to go over in their group. I've referenced the specific part in the spoiler below, don't want to ruin anything for anyone that may not have had the chance to play the adventure yet.

This adventure leaves the choice of cargo on M226 to the GM. I had hoped it might have some general suggestions like weapons and supplies for the rebellion that provide X duty per Y number of them handed over but the players can select to keep some of these items.. or a Lambda shuttle that could be taken by the PCs for use later, etc...

As I said, curious to hear what other people put in there for cargo and how successful they felt it was.

Edited by ShiKage

That's Perlemian Haul, not Arda. ;)

I had the cargo they were after specifically be a captured rebel VIP, whose accommodations were just a little too nice... in theory they were supposed to find out if he was a traitor or a captive, but I messed up while I was GMing and he was obviously a traitor.

That's Perlemian Haul, not Arda. ;)

Haha, that could explain why people may not have been responding... and now I can not seem to change the title of the topic either. I did a little skimming through both of the adventures but now that I think about it a second time that is right, it was the Perlemian Haul adventure from the core book.

Arda I is a quite lengthy adventure with quite a bit of information for all parts of it.

I designated the cargo in the Perlemian Haul as weapons, armor, gear, and supplies for battalion of Imperial Troopers (not stormtroopers). However the group is EotE built group so i modified the adventure slightly. The group is hired by a Bothan, who is an agent of the Rebellion unknown to the group, to steal it. The group would get a percentage of the cargo's value as payment.

Hi all,

I am now starting to read the Arda I scenario book (haven't read it all just yet). But already I find something unclear regarding the base itself.

The description of the base on page 18 does not really match what I see on the map on page 39. The main hangar is described as 2 kilometers across!! I am not sure the authors realise how long that is! And the map does not reflect that scale.

Any comments or advise which may help here?

Thanks guys

Cyril (Ireland).

In our game the cargo was a clone of Anakin Skywalker in stasis.

In the game I recently ran for Perlemian Haul, the secret cargo a lightless cargo hold that housed a series of green-glowing vertical tubes filled with translucent gasses that were keeping the contents under specific pressure / temperature.... and they were guarded by Death Troopers (who have low-viz capability). The Force-sensitive character could feel a jumble of intelligible voices...

Upon taking all that in the PCs (actually a subset who had broken off to explore the cargo hold) immediately closed the turbo lift doors and then blasted the controls so that it could not be used. They turned over the freighter and the sealed pod to Alliance Intel. Alliance Intel was intrigued and mentioned that they would assign the Bothan spy network in figuring out the origin and intent of the cargo.

Had they completed the scene on their own, they would have found that the containment tubes held massive kyber crystals that were unstable (hence the gasses and voices). As our campaign is currently in the timeline btwn Ep 5 and 6, these massive crystals were enroute from their (unknown) mining location to the construction area of the Second Death Star...

Materials related to Project Celestial Power, for me. But not being used used for something spherical in this case ^.~

My group for the Perlemian Haul had two players that were Jedi so their cargo was a Jedi that escaped Order 66 (we are playing after Episode 3 but before Episode 4) who they had to rescue and then became their master.

I had the cargo actually be a group of Alliance prisoners. They were high value prisoners thought to have connections to some Rebel safe worlds, and were being taken to Coruscant for interrogation (I hinted that it would involved Inquisitors). My players jumped at it, and were able to not only free the prisoners but arm them and stage an insurrection on the ship. Fun all round. :)