For the Money / Attacks as Blocks

By rC(-_-), in UFS Rules Q & A

For the money reads "R: Before you make a control check to play an attack, that check gets +2. Your opponent may commit 2 foundations to cancel this effect and destroy this foundation."

My question is, will this work when playing an attack as a block?

Also, if that does work..Shredding Vibrato reads, "This attack may only be played if you have discarded at least 2 attacks from your card pool."

Can i play that as a block if i haven't discared 2 cards from my card pool? And does that mean i can only play it if i discarded 2 cards from my card pool this turn, or in total through out the whole game?

I kind of veered off topic, thanks for the responses though :D

Per the use of Soul of Ling-Sheng Su to hack blocking attacks with attacks, For the Money should be able to pump checks for blocks on attacks.

Shredding Vibrato is only playable if you have discarded 2 cards from your card pool this turn. There is no statement saying as a block or no. This is kinda like old Donovan, who cut off your ability to play foundations. Even as a block, you are playing the card for what it is.

-Tinman

Yes.

No.

Hope I wasn't too vague. (j/k)

OK, on your first question, For the Money does help checks for blocking with attacks. If you remember far back, some cards stated "not as a block" as a condition in some cases, such as Hugo's foundation drawing. Since the clause is missing, yes, you can play attacks using For the Money to help block (wow, blocking with attacks... you know, some people still can't wrap their heads around that...).

On your second question, same deal but different situation. The continuous ability doesn't have the "not as a block" clause, so its restriction will happen even when trying to block. So no, you cannot block with it unless you've discarded two cards from your card pool.