First exposure: Instant love and tears

By player1448999, in Android

I saw ANDROID for the first time in a store a few days ago, it was instant love. My favourite movie is BLADE RUNNER (if you don't own the Voight-Kampff briefcase edition of the 5-DVD or 5-BlueRay-disk set, you are DEAD to me!). Also nods to JOHNNY MNEMONIC, STRANGE DAYS and FREEJACK.

The game had me at the calliper-shaped cutouts for the flying cars. When I opened up the game to look at the components, they were so beautiful...I cried. Or lusted; it was kind of a mix. They should invent a word for crying-lust, something I haven't experienced since that TV show in the 80's with Heather Locklear. babeo.gif

The rules seem like something different. The term "multi-variate" from my university statistics course comes to mind. Multiple plots are going on at once with each player. Also multiple income-streams in the vastly different ways of scoring VPs.

My buddy also bought this heavy, heavy game box but fears the 48-page rulebook. I used to be a hardcore SF roleplayer so rules length ain't no thing.

For it to REALLY be "cyberpunk", the game needs more frequent and clear references to computers, a Virtual Reality Internet and, of course, hacking to get vital information. Is there any of that in all the game and cards? I'm not through it all yet.

More thoughts to come...

At least one event related to Noise is computer-specific; and Rachel's implants, and Floyd's upgrades, all add to the cyber-setting.

It's definitely more noir than cyberpunk. As a noir fan, that's okay by me.