how many copies can ya run?

By elstevo, in Rules Discussions

i believe that i read here a ruling stating that you can run both the attack card Oblivion and the equipment Oblivion (and i assume the same goes for oathkeeper and olympia) but would you able to play both during the same turn (or does it invoke uniqueness rule)

also in regards to the new Peter Pan being a Magic/Friend could you run both (3 lvl 1 friend and 3 lvl 1 M/F)? and again would uniqueness prevent you from playing both?

Lastly since the new magic cards say "Magic/Attack" now i doubt it works like that but my friend wanted to know since it is a "new card type" if you can run both the new and the old magic cards (3 Fire Magic and 3 Fire Magic/Attack)?

hopefully this will all be cleared up in the erratas but in the meantime thanks to whoever answers these questions

elstevo said:

i believe that i read here a ruling stating that you can run both the attack card Oblivion and the equipment Oblivion (and i assume the same goes for oathkeeper and olympia) but would you able to play both during the same turn (or does it invoke uniqueness rule)

also in regards to the new Peter Pan being a Magic/Friend could you run both (3 lvl 1 friend and 3 lvl 1 M/F)? and again would uniqueness prevent you from playing both?

Lastly since the new magic cards say "Magic/Attack" now i doubt it works like that but my friend wanted to know since it is a "new card type" if you can run both the new and the old magic cards (3 Fire Magic and 3 Fire Magic/Attack)?

hopefully this will all be cleared up in the erratas but in the meantime thanks to whoever answers these questions

You can play the Attack and Equipment cards at the same time, however the total of both the attack and equipment has to still be 3 so long as they have the same name.

Yes, you can only have any combination of 3 per same name

what about old vs new cards?

for instance, can I have 4 "Break of Dawn" Pot Spiders in my deck and also 3 "A Darkness Awakened" Pot Spiders in that same deck? the old Pot Spider don't say you may have any number of the card in your deck, so if there are more than three they cannot be included.

I know it seems kind of redundant and stupid, but I know some people that would call you out on that.

devilmonkey said:

what about old vs new cards?

for instance, can I have 4 "Break of Dawn" Pot Spiders in my deck and also 3 "A Darkness Awakened" Pot Spiders in that same deck? the old Pot Spider don't say you may have any number of the card in your deck, so if there are more than three they cannot be included.

I know it seems kind of redundant and stupid, but I know some people that would call you out on that.

Not going to lie I would say unless they were all set 4, I would probably say no because the old card does not state that you can so it would voliate the three card max limit. However I would have this asked upon, because I'm not sure how they interact.

~Roxas

the old pot spider was also a lvl higher almost making it a new card its like bit sniper who had a totally different effect in LaD are they different cards then?

Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy said:

the old pot spider was also a lvl higher almost making it a new card its like bit sniper who had a totally different effect in LaD are they different cards then?

I never notied this, which may render my old question void, but brings about a new one.

Do Dark cards ge the same treatment as other cards? Can you have 3 lvl2 pot Spider as well as 3 lvl3 Pot Spider without violating any rules?

devilmonkey said:

I never notied this, which may render my old question void, but brings about a new one.

Do Dark cards ge the same treatment as other cards? Can you have 3 lvl2 pot Spider as well as 3 lvl3 Pot Spider without violating any rules?

They're both still called Pot Spider. The text might be different but the names aren't, and it's the names that count for deck-building purposes.

so it is only with friends and magic/friends where the having the same name is not necessarily restricted to just three (3 lvl 1, 3lvl 2, etc)?

Trothael said:

devilmonkey said:

They're both still called Pot Spider. The text might be different but the names aren't, and it's the names that count for deck-building purposes.

Yes the names are the same, but the levels are different. and as can be seen on Pg.17 of the Rulebook, "Each card name with the same level in a deck may only occur three times" So this would mean you can have up to three ADA Pot Spider as well as any number of BoD Pot Spider. this also occurs for Search ghost,

I'm sure none of this really matters, as I don't know why anyone'd want to run that many Pot Spider/Search Ghost. but you never know, could be something that comes up later