Strain.

By Tancradus, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

So I had created a Mon Calamari Medic/Force Sensitive Jedi, my Willpower is 3, have a Morality of over 90, and have 1 Grit. My strain should be 16 should it not? I am sure there was something in the past that brought it an extra 1 higher. I had told myself that I should have written it down at the time, but did not.

Now am I being delusional? Or was there a way that it should indeed be 1 higher?

Lil' help would be great.

page 36 of the Force and Destiny Beta:

"As long as his Morality score is above 80, the light side Force user's strain threshold is increased by 1"

"As long as his Morality score is above 90, the light side Force user's strain threshold is increased by 1 additional point, to a total of 2"

and on that same page don't forget:

"As long as the character's Morality score remains above 70, at the beginning of every session, when generating the Destiny pool (but before any players roll to determine starting Destiny Points), the character adds one light side Destiny Point to the pool.

Now am I being delusional?

Yes.

...or did you mean in reference tot he strain thing?

I assume you're checking your math against a character builder to find this discrepancy?

It's possible that the generator doesn't consider 90 Morality to be "above 90".

Did you start with a 3 Will, or raise it with Dedication?

Does stun/strain damage ignore soak? I'm thinking specifically of the astromech arc welder, which does only Dam 3. Most everyone has a soak greater than that.

On 5/21/2018 at 9:10 AM, Stethoscope Nunchucks said:

Does stun/strain damage ignore soak? I'm thinking specifically of the astromech arc welder, which does only Dam 3. Most everyone has a soak greater than that.

Stun Damage has Soak applied. The Stun Quality does not.

So the astromech arc welder does (3 + success [including the first one])-soak strain damage.

So yeah, only going to be a point or two of strain, but what do you expect from an electrical probe with a welding rod?