How will unclassified worlds be handled?

By Varnias Tybalt, in Rogue Trader

Well this question is mostly aimed towards the people who managed to snag a copy of Rogue Trader at Gen Con. Hopefully you will have the time to answer. happy.gif

Since Rogue Trader is a game about exploration (well mostly), and we've seen quite a few "unclassified" worlds on the released Koronus expanse starmap, im curious about if the rulebook deals with these types of worlds?

Does it contain a chapter about how you can invent your very own worlds, or do we get tables to roll for results or will these particular worlds get their own "official" description later on?

As of now im assuming that the matter have been dealt with in some way in the core rules. (I mean, how can you write an RGP corebook about exploration without actually going into some detail about how the exploration will be handled?) But i'd very much appriciate some clarity in the matter.

Under example Endeavours, the book explains how to establish an Imperial colony, but no guide to generating a whole world. There is some fluff in the back about how the Imperium classifies planets, but it's largely pulled from the 3rd edition 40k book. I don't have much more time to look now... but there don't appear to be any world generating tables or anything.

It's all up to you!

The Rogue Trader GM Screen will also come with information to generate planets and systems.

DarkPrimus said:

The Rogue Trader GM Screen will also come with information to generate planets and systems.

WANT

Sounds good.

Hopefully FFG will leave the unclassified worlds unclassified , rather than inventing pre-written adventures taking place on those worlds and pretty much set in stone what the world is like. With a "the unclassified worlds are the individual GM's domain to invent, we'll stick to the worlds that are already classified"-sort of policy.

Or perhaps the pre written scenarios that do take place on an unclassified world will provide several suggestions of how that world would be like, rather than just sticking with one variation.

Cervantes3773 said:

DarkPrimus said:

WANT

It'll go quite well with the Xenos generator that came with the Dark Heresy GM screen, don't you think?

All you need to create entire worlds, eco-systems, sentient species to enslave and exploit...

DarkPrimus said:

Cervantes3773 said:

DarkPrimus said:

WANT

It'll go quite well with the Xenos generator that came with the Dark Heresy GM screen, don't you think?

All you need to create entire worlds, eco-systems, sentient species to enslave and exploit...

And with all my [source books] combined, my power will grow ten-fold and I will be unstoppable! Quiver in fear as I consume you and your soul from the inside out!!

/What?

DarkPrimus said:

That it most certainly shall. And let's not forget mineral compositions, rare flora, and other "treasures" to load into your holds.

Im totally going to rip-off the "Mirrodin" world from Magic: The Gathering sometime. What could be wierder and more alien than stumbling across an entire world made of metal, where oceans are filled with mercury rather than water, and grassy fields are filled with blades growing from the metallic ground and strange artifact creatures live in an even stranger ecosystem?

It might be a long time since I played MTG, but some of the concepts an worlds really appealed to me.

Varnias Tybalt said:

Im totally going to rip-off the "Mirrodin" world from Magic: The Gathering sometime. What could be wierder and more alien than stumbling across an entire world made of metal, where oceans are filled with mercury rather than water, and grassy fields are filled with blades growing from the metallic ground and strange artifact creatures live in an even stranger ecosystem?

It might be a long time since I played MTG, but some of the concepts an worlds really appealed to me.

Sounds like an Explorator's worst nightmare and greatest dream rolled into one.

DarkPrimus said:

Sounds like an Explorator's worst nightmare and greatest dream rolled into one.

Exactly! gran_risa.gif

-"But master, really, what's stopping us from simply attaching a really long chain to the planet and tow it behind our ship ?" angel.gif

Varnias Tybalt said:

I can easily see the Ad Mech and a Rogue Trader coming to blows over such a treasure.