Harrisburg, PA

By Shiva37, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Anyone playing AGoT in Harrisburg. Looking for casual play to get started.

Hey,

There used to be a thirving group out there in Harrisburg, in fact it was through them that I met my group here in Philly.

They had 6-8 regulars and a couple more casual players after that. Their ringleader is The Braz (Chris) and he should have some posts floating around here so you can send him a pm (if he doesn't post in this thread soon). He can tell you some more of what happened, but with some ket people moving the group has dispersed a lot. There should still be some interest though so hopefully you guys can met up and get things going again.

i really think we should attempt a tourney in an easily accessible location in PA or DE sometime in the next month or two, something with less fanfare and lower expectations for turnout -- i'm not quite ready to give the idea its own thread yet, though

My ears were burning. I still lurk but haven't played in over a year and my card pool is woefully out of date. I'm not in Harrisburg, but if you have the cards, I can put you in contact with two of the great players from yesteryear who live in Harrisburg and might consider dipping their toes back in the AGOT water. I can't consider gaming outings for at least another couple of months because of work and personal commitments. Send me a "friend" request so that I can get you my contact info.

Welcome to the game.

@ finitesquarewell : Congrats on your showing at worlds! I might be convinced to swing by a get-together in Baltimore on a weekend if I have enough lead time. Since I now have family there, it isn't so bad a commute. Trekking out to Philly or Wilmington is a much less likely prospect for me, but as I indicated I'm not on top of things at all.

thebraz said:

My ears were burning. I still lurk but haven't played in over a year and my card pool is woefully out of date. I'm not in Harrisburg, but if you have the cards, I can put you in contact with two of the great players from yesteryear who live in Harrisburg and might consider dipping their toes back in the AGOT water. I can't consider gaming outings for at least another couple of months because of work and personal commitments. Send me a "friend" request so that I can get you my contact info.

Welcome to the game.

@ finitesquarewell : Congrats on your showing at worlds! I might be convinced to swing by a get-together in Baltimore on a weekend if I have enough lead time. Since I now have family there, it isn't so bad a commute. Trekking out to Philly or Wilmington is a much less likely prospect for me, but as I indicated I'm not on top of things at all.

hey man, thanks twice for the congratulations. i would be down with coming up to baltimore for a day on the MARC or amtrak, though in getting to a place to meet up i'm pretty limited by where i can get from penn station via public transportation -- PM me or post with some weekend dates that might work for you (i'll send this via PM as well, but i'm posting it here to make others aware). (even though this might not be the best place to be posting about such things, haha.)