Sea of Blood "announced"

By edroz, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I don't see why you think the existence of Sea of Blood means there will be a sea-based vanilla expansion. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I don't believe this expansion means anything at all beyond itself.

Just makes the most sense. If Kevin's creative faculties have been on a sea-based expansion for RtL, then he's got to be thinking about sea-based non-RtL stuff for Descent too, so making a vanilla sea-based expansion would be a lot easier, than say creating a jungle expansion right now.

-shnar

shnar said:

Just makes the most sense. If Kevin's creative faculties have been on a sea-based expansion for RtL, then he's got to be thinking about sea-based non-RtL stuff for Descent too, so making a vanilla sea-based expansion would be a lot easier, than say creating a jungle expansion right now.

-shnar

Flip side to that though is that one would have expected this advanced campaign expansion then to use the map from The Frozen North instead, and it would have made integrating Tomb of Ice a lot easier.

For my money, the IoD map is the more interesting on a campaign basis.

What I'd love to see next though is a campaign expansion with a double-sided map based on SoAK and tFW. That would be awesome!

Slev said:

For my money, the IoD map is the more interesting on a campaign basis.

What I'd love to see next though is a campaign expansion with a double-sided map based on SoAK and tFW. That would be awesome!

What?! And cut into profits by making one expansion when they could make two? INSANE! happy.gif