Parry, Deflect Arrows, and Willpower in RtL

By taleswapper, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I was reorganizing my Descent storage system today, and making sure I have everything set up correctly when I noticed that I only have 1 copy of the skill cards Parry, Deflect Arrows, and Willpower. Can anyone please tell me the difference between the versions of these cards which come with the base game and the versions which are used with the RtL expansion? I'm not sure which versions of the cards I have. Is there significant difference between the two versions? Thanks in advance.

The JitD versions of those skills give +1 armor vs melee, ranged, and magic attacks, respectively.

I don't have RtL, but I imagine they would give scaling bonuses based on campaign level?

Antistone said:

The JitD versions of those skills give +1 armor vs melee, ranged, and magic attacks, respectively.

I don't have RtL, but I imagine they would give scaling bonuses based on campaign level?

Yes. Also, they should have the RtL symbol on the card somewhere.

Most importantly, the background is of a distinctive color.

Okay, it looks like I just have the JttD versions then. What rate do the RtL versions scale at? Is it +1 at copper, +2 at silver, +3 at gold? If so, that won't be too hard to remember.

taleswapper said:

Okay, it looks like I just have the JttD versions then. What rate do the RtL versions scale at? Is it +1 at copper, +2 at silver, +3 at gold? If so, that won't be too hard to remember.

Yes.

Thanks for all the help guys.

I tossed the copies that came with JitD as the RtL versions play just fine in the vanilla game.